Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Great Escape
catinthebox 01:59 AM 03-12-2017
Today we had a few kids attempted to sneak out of our daycare. Lucky I saw them and they were stopped. Just wondering if you guys had any experiences like this? It was one of the craziest thing i had come a cross while working here .

Not to mention how we are going to hear it from the boss, and the parents were not to happy about hearing that their kids were attempting to bolt out of the site. i know i am gonna get blame because some of the parents were defending their kids and wouldn't believed that their little ones were planning and do it. i am just trying to do my job but yet i feel like i am going to get attacked from the parents because some of the kids were playing dumb and lying to their parents while others were straight out honest when asked about their plans to escape.
JackandJill 03:23 AM 03-12-2017
I haven't had this happen at daycare, but my 2.5 year old is an escape artist. It's super stressful, and really scary the two times he has made it to the front yard.

Hope things work out for you, any chance you guys have a video system that can back up what you are saying?
Blackcat31 08:06 AM 03-12-2017
We have a child care center in my community that is currently under appeal for licensing revocation for "losing" a toddler.

He got out of the classroom in sub zero temps and no one noticed.

He was gone only a couple minutes and was brought back in but still.... NOT acceptable.
The center has cameras and door alarms.

There is some speculation that the staff were too busy looking at their phones to notice anyone missing.

Kids getting out is some serious stuff.
Annalee 10:33 AM 03-12-2017
This reminds me of a story when I worked in a center back in the 80's Two schoolagers left the center and was found walking up the street. The director called their parents and the parents came and "tanned their hides" is what the parents called it. And it did NOT happen again! Amazing how times have changed!
kendallina 12:23 PM 03-12-2017
How old are the children? The post made it around like three children planned ot together...so they're older? Just curious...

I once worked at center that had a 2-yr old escape artist. Everyone knew he was a 'flight risk' as he tried several times to get out of the door but a teacher always saw him. One time the head teacher did not notice, he went into the hall for a couple of minutes and the head teacher was fired.
Reply Up