Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rsv
BumbleBee 06:42 PM 03-12-2017
Received the call on Saturday morning that a set of siblings tested positive for RSV in the ER on Friday night. Lovely.

Pretty sure we all have it at this point, just a matter of who has some immunity to it from previous exposures.

This is my first 'official' case but I have no doubt it's been through here before, just that none of the kids ended up in the ER or went to the doctor because of it so they weren't tested.

I have some higher risk kids here but none that are super high risk so I doubt anybody will end up hospitalized. Just going to be a week of using the thermometer a lot and cleaning cleaning cleaning!
Sunchimes 07:08 PM 03-12-2017
Maybe not. I had a baby 7 weeks old start here the week after Christmas, a sibling to one of my other kids. His first day, he was coughing and snotty, but no fever. I let him stay because brother has allergy problems and I wasn't concerned. Mom made a doctor appt for that afternoon and he turned out to have RSV, bronchiolitis, and something else, ear infection maybe. That was Tuesday, by Wednesday night, he was in the hospital. My husband has advanced COPD and one of my kids had been a micro-preemie and until last year was medically fragile. I treat them very carefully and basically go into social isolation all winter to protect them. The diagnosis scared me to death, and mom felt terrible about exposing them. The toddler loves babies and hovered over him all day, and hubbie was in and out of the room and held him more than once, so I knew we were doomed. But, as it turned out, no one got sick, not his brother, the other dcg, or my husband. So, an epidemic isn't a sure thing. Good luck!
racemom 07:10 PM 03-12-2017
Hopefully your week goes smoothly. It is always the worst to find out someone has something contagious that can become dangerous. Hope everything works out for you.😷
BumbleBee 08:21 PM 03-12-2017
Sunchimes: yeah my youngest dck is 10 months. She was a 34 weeker but has a robust immune system so hopefully it won't take her down to hard. I have one with weak lungs, one with asthma and a former heart baby (now age 4.) But he has a rockin immune system and is rarely sick. When he does get sick he's over it in a day or 2. I'm hopeful but 3 others developed a cough and slept more then normal over the weekend so we'll see what the week brings. I'm taking mucinex religiously because I have a cough that's trying to settle in my chest.

Racemom: yeah. Job hazard I guess. Could be worse, could be rotavirus!
BumbleBee 03:56 PM 03-13-2017
Every single kid has a cough and runny nose. No fevers, they're acting fine, eating fine. Nap time is a symphony of coughs but other then wiping noses all day it's pretty much business as usual.

Both myself and one assistant also have the runny nose/cough combo. The other assistant has a stomach bug.

My house smells like a combo of bleach and essential oils (diffusing the oils). Humidifiers are going all day.

One parent is flipping out but she flips out about everything so I'm just like because I can't say what I really want to.
Tags:rsv
Reply Up