Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>USDA Grant
Mom2Two 02:11 PM 03-13-2017
Did anyone else get info on this? I signed up to do some Top Star training and I received this email today. It sounds amazing but all the rules on these grants are a bit bewildering sometimes. Has anyone else done/is doing this?

Hello Providers,
Below is a USDA, Team Nutrition Grant opportunity. Please look into this and see if it is something you would be interested in. There will be webinars taking place tomorrow March 14th and again on Monday the 20th.

On Monday, March 6, 2017, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) released the Request for Applications (RFA) for the FY 2017 Team Nutrition Training Grants program. USDA expects to award up to $5.6 million in grant funding to State agencies that administer the National School Lunch Program (NSLP), School Breakfast Program (SBP), and Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP).

State agencies applying for a FY 2017 Team Nutrition Training Grant may request up to $500,000 in funding for use during a 3-year grant period.
These grants are intended to help schools and child care providers provide appealing and nutritious meals, nutrition education, and school environments that help children maximize their potential and get the nutrients they need for health, growth, and learning. Grant activities must be sustainable and achieve measurable outcomes.

FNS will be hosting two webinars to provide an overview of the FY 2017 Team Nutrition Training Grant RFA, application requirements, and scoring criteria. These webinars are open to all who wish to participate (e.g., State agencies, partners, stakeholders, etc.). Please register to attend using the links below:

o Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 2pm ET https://cc.readytalk.com/r/kir74tusq2bq&eom

o Monday, March 20, 2017 at 4pm EST https://cc.readytalk.com/r/1g4be8eznuhx&eom

An additional webinar is being offered to provide an overview of evaluation tools and how they may be used to evaluate Team Nutrition Training Grant efforts. This webinar may be useful to State agencies in developing their evaluation plan for their grant application. Please register to attend the webinar using the links below:

· Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 2PM ET

https://cc.readytalk.com/r/i4o2lbze5uf0&eom

Full grant applications must be submitted through Grants.gov by Monday, May 22, 2017. The deadline for State agencies to submit a letter of intent to apply is Monday, April 3, 2017.

For more information on the FY 2017 Team Nutrition Training Grants please visit http://www.fns.usda.gov/tn/team-nutr...raining-grants.
Blackcat31 02:43 PM 03-13-2017
From my understanding this grant is not available to individual providers but is available for agencies that manage state programs for CACFP. For example, my food program sponsoring agency is called Provider's Choice.

This grant is for Provider's Choice to apply for so they can offer trainings etc to the programs they sponsor.

From the USDA web-site:

"The purpose of this FY 2017 Team Nutrition Training Grant is for State agencies to implement and evaluate nutrition education, training, and technical assistance activities to support implementation of USDA nutrition standards for meals and snacks offered through the Child Nutrition Programs (e.g., NSLP, SBP, and CACFP)."
Mom2Two 04:10 PM 03-13-2017
Okay. I did email back and ask if it applied to me. Sure would be nice if it did!
Blackcat31 06:39 PM 03-13-2017
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
Okay. I did email back and ask if it applied to me. Sure would be nice if it did!
Right?!

We have one grant available to providers yearly in our state but the requirements to get it, as well as the odds (not enough $'s for all applicants) of getting it makes it hardly worth apply for most times.

I wish there was more funding available for continued and required trainings and such. Its not fair we have to pay for everything when the state(s) require so much! Of course most trainings take place outside of business hours too so even more family time we give up.
Reply Up