Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>St. Patty Day Party!, Tricks?
daycare 02:08 PM 03-17-2017
Anyone else have some fun today celebrating. I just sat down and feel like I am going to pass out.

We had so much fun, painted, played games, sang songs, and read books all about St Patty Day. I got pinched a million times by my own children even with green on, so I am trying to come up with a trick to play on them when they get home from school and work.

Got any ideas? Leprechaun tricks??? what can I do.

I did already turn the toilet water green this morning and also changed 3 light bulbs in the house to green....

yeah, I am a huge kid. I love holidays
BumbleBee 06:02 PM 03-17-2017
I have no ideas. Sorry! Just wanted to say all of the things you do with your kiddos in care sound amazing. This leprechaun is worn out and she did a smidge of what you did!
CityGarden 02:08 AM 03-18-2017
We had fun all week celebrating..... making leprechaun traps, making Irish soda bread, green everything for snack today (green cheese, grapes, green tea, green cupcake frosting), green slime, green sensory table items. And the Leprechaun came this morning and made a HUGE (but fun) mess that the kids & I kept that way all day. The mess took me over an hour last night to create but it was worth it with Leprechaun footprints on the the wall the floor, etc.
Josiegirl 02:37 AM 03-18-2017
Sounds like fun was had by all of you!!
Not this sad tired burned out leprechaun. I used to really have fun with all the holidays but now I feel obligated and St. Patrick's Day is something I don't do at all. I coulda gone for some green vodka last night though.
daycare 06:12 AM 03-18-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Sounds like fun was had by all of you!!
Not this sad tired burned out leprechaun. I used to really have fun with all the holidays but now I feel obligated and St. Patrick's Day is something I don't do at all. I coulda gone for some green vodka last night though.
Lol. I love it. Green vodka. That's my drink! Two aGREEN limes!

Wow front prints and all! I did that a few years ago, didn't have the energy this year.

It was a last minute party, but the kids loved it.

The kids were so scared of finding a leprechaun because one of the kids older siblings told them it would pinch them. Lol. They refused to set up a trap this year.

Which was music to my ears. Lol
Cat Herder 08:21 AM 03-18-2017
I planned an outdoor party and crafts after nap, waiting for the warm up a bit.

The trick was on me, though. All the kids were picked up at the end of nap, gone by 3:10. Teacher work day.

Guess I am ahead of the game for 2018.
CityGarden 09:02 AM 03-18-2017
I was surprised to find so many of the children scared.... next year I do not think I will do build up for the whole week - just surprise the Leprechaun came on St. Patrick's Day. We do not go all out for everyone holiday however my daughter's first grade teacher did this every year and it was such a magical memory that I wanted to continue to share it and pass it on. She did it link BAM surprise and given some fears we experienced I think I will go that way in the future.

Love the idea of some green vodka.

Woo hoo to the kids being picked up early - I love that sort of trick.
daycarediva 09:50 AM 03-20-2017
SO many of my kids were afraid of a leprechaun this year. What gives? I've never had a kid be afraid before.

We read books about the irish folklore, and they learn that a leprechaun is a type of fairy, that they are mischevious but kind, that if you catch one on st. pats day they have to give you their gold AND grant you three wishes.

One dcg was so freaked out about the possibility of a real leprechaun in a trap that she was intentionally breaking other kids traps.

we have been all about rainbows, so we had rainbow food, a rainbow craft and the leprechaun did NOT visit.
Tags:saint patrick's - activites, saint patrick's day, saint patrick's day - ideas
Reply Up