Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Have *GOT* To Declutter
Josiegirl 04:19 AM 03-22-2017
And this is why. I went searching for my collections of Easter eggs. Two hours this morning. I have a bunch of them. I do this every freakin' year. Visit the $$$ store and see all those plastic eggs, think about picking some of them up but then remember I have a couple bags of them....somewhere. Plus I made a bunch into different noisemakers and they are...somewhere too. All I can figure is they became invisible.
Cat Herder 04:47 AM 03-22-2017
I was that way, then I did a huge overhaul. Now I find myself procrastinating getting things down because I don't want to have to put it back up, again.

First world problems.
daycarediva 04:50 AM 03-22-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I was that way, then I did a huge overhaul. Now I find myself procrastinating getting things down because I don't want to have to put it back up, again.

First world problems.

This is me! I *could* get the tote with easter items down, do an inventory, make up some craft ideas, and then put it all away... OR I would just take it down good Friday and wing it.
Cat Herder 04:53 AM 03-22-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
This is me! I *could* get the tote with easter items down, do an inventory, make up some craft ideas, and then put it all away... OR I would just take it down good Friday and wing it.
Or just grab some some easy foam crafts from the dollar store and skip the ladder entirely?

Ah, holiday crafts.
daycarediva 04:56 AM 03-22-2017
Or just grab some some easy foam crafts from the dollar store and skip the ladder entirely?

Ah, holiday crafts.
great idea!
MrsSteinel'sHouse 05:30 AM 03-22-2017
now, can you find my boats? The kids have been playing pirate a lot lately so I thought I would get out boats. I have a couple awesome repurposed bathtub boats that I put out.... can't find the tote. Yeah. I need to reorganize my closet. This winter has played a little chaos.
Blackcat31 06:04 AM 03-22-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
....or I could just close both Good Friday and the MOnday after Easter and call it good.
daycarediva 07:39 AM 03-22-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
....or I could just close both Good Friday and the MOnday after Easter and call it good.
I took a LOT of time off this year (both paid and unpaid). Already have those days off, but I still will do Easter things with them because it's expected, which stinks but it's true.
childcaremom 07:43 AM 03-22-2017
I keep all my decorations in a separate "cluttered" area. So at least I know which pile of things I need to look through.

I'm terrible for buying things and then forgetting to use them. I am no longer a dollar store shopper for this reason.
AmyKidsCo 12:38 PM 03-22-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
That's what I do!

I love decluttering, I just don't have time for it. We moved every year our first 11 years of marriage and even though it was a major PITB it kept us from accumulating too much junk.
Controlled Chaos 03:43 PM 03-22-2017
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
That's what I do!

I love decluttering, I just don't have time for it. We moved every year our first 11 years of marriage and even though it was a major PITB it kept us from accumulating too much junk.
Woot woot! I can't wait for me my 4 day weekend!
Mike 07:23 PM 03-22-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
And this is why. I went searching for my collections of Easter eggs. Two hours this morning. I have a bunch of them. I do this every freakin' year. Visit the $$$ store and see all those plastic eggs, think about picking some of them up but then remember I have a couple bags of them....somewhere. Plus I made a bunch into different noisemakers and they are...somewhere too. All I can figure is they became invisible.
Once you fine them, you might want to sell them. Do you have any idea how valuable invisible items can be?
Josiegirl 02:18 AM 03-23-2017
Originally Posted by Mike:
Once you fine them, you might want to sell them. Do you have any idea how valuable invisible items can be?
Especially through ebay, they'll buy anything. Now if I could find them and one of them looks like Trump or Madonna or something. Hey, I'm sure I could convince someone this here invisible plastic egg has Trump's hair.
Mike 06:41 AM 03-23-2017
Especially through ebay, they'll buy anything. Now if I could find them and one of them looks like Trump or Madonna or something. Hey, I'm sure I could convince someone this here invisible plastic egg has Trump's hair.
Some people actually fall for things like dream property. Just send us $100 and we will get the sale going. Many years back, my parents did. Got sucked into a fake deal for a few thousand.
Josiegirl 09:45 AM 03-23-2017
Originally Posted by Mike:
Some people actually fall for things like dream property. Just send us $100 and we will get the sale going. Many years back, my parents did. Got sucked into a fake deal for a few thousand.
Oh no, I'm sorry that happened to them. Not only was money taken but I bet a little self-respect and a lot of trust for others went too. I recently 'fell' for something I knew better not to do but panicked and wasn't thinking straight. Made a snap decision but then looked up online and knew I'd been a victim of scammers. Makes ya more mad at yourself for taking the bait.....
Mike 10:45 AM 03-23-2017
Oh no, I'm sorry that happened to them. Not only was money taken but I bet a little self-respect and a lot of trust for others went too. I recently 'fell' for something I knew better not to do but panicked and wasn't thinking straight. Made a snap decision but then looked up online and knew I'd been a victim of scammers. Makes ya more mad at yourself for taking the bait.....
They learned from it. They were still young and working, so they got over it, but didn't fall for any more phone scams. My father actually had fun once. He got a call from someone saying his computer was infected. He played around with the guy for a while. The guy was talking to him on the phone a few times for a good couple hours total before he quit calling back.
The Play Room 11:09 AM 03-24-2017

First world problems.
What helped me was to get 12 clear flat plastic bins, one for each month. All the decorations, books and supplies needed for that month go into the bin. Months like Feb. with 2 holidays (valentine and Black History/MLK) get a slightly larger bin. I keep the bins under my bed. The last week-end of the month I will pull out next months bin and start organizing my thoughts and making my lesson plans. I save my lesson plans from year to year in the bin so that I only have to tweek for the present year. I make notes on my calendar keeper for items that I would like to purchase and add to the bin. For me, this system is a huge time saver and I don't waste money purchasing duplicates.
Tags:organizing - playroon
Reply Up