Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Forms - Uploads>What To Charge?
shana 11:44 AM 06-13-2012
I am going from a family home to opening a center. I hate to charge my current parents more. Now it is $100 per week. I was also going to keep taking part timers ($25.00 per day)..but all the new expenses have me worried. any advise on what to charge. Part timers r my big concern because almost everyone who calls for info on the new center only needs parttime. (already had one mom about choke about the 25 per day for part time. she has chosen not to use me!)
Blackcat31 12:11 PM 06-13-2012
This info was taken from http://www.naccrra.org/ for your state. Hope this helps

Center Based Childcare Annual Rates
Infant $9,048.00
Toddler $7,644.00

Home Based Childcare Anual Rates
Infant $6,708.00
Toddler $6,411.00

Here is another good site that list average rates for family homes and centers.: http://www.childcaremaine.org/index....d=62&Itemid=75
daycare 01:20 PM 06-13-2012
Originally Posted by shana:
I am going from a family home to opening a center. I hate to charge my current parents more. Now it is $100 per week. I was also going to keep taking part timers ($25.00 per day)..but all the new expenses have me worried. any advise on what to charge. Part timers r my big concern because almost everyone who calls for info on the new center only needs parttime. (already had one mom about choke about the 25 per day for part time. she has chosen not to use me!)
i handle part timers by only accepting the following schedule...

PT is offered on the following days:
Monday-Wednesday-Friday......these days are charged at $5.00 more per day
or
Tue-Thursday, fees are the same as the above.

if you want 4 days, you pay full time rate...
shana 02:13 PM 06-13-2012
thanks so much. I will change my part time policy for sure. The fact that people around here think $100 per week is expensive might be why every daycare in the county has closed. I know the other centers charged 120 for infants and 100 for under3 and 90 for others.. Im charging the same for older kids because i have a small building and can only have so many kids. But I probly need to charge more for infants because I will need more caregivers for that room.
Reply Up