Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Have You Done This Before?
TXhomedaycare 07:39 AM 03-13-2017
I have a 3 yo dcg that started at the beginning of this year and I have had nothing but issues since she started. The issues are small and they are all parent related but I am still considering terming. The first few weeks she was here is was very apparent that they did not read my handbook because everyday they had some issue with candy, shoes, toys, clothes she could not use the bathroom in and late payment on week 3 and every other week since. I gave them a new handbook and spent a lot of timd getting them trained so the drop off issues are better but not the payment issues. They need care because dad got a job but he only works part time and I don't think they manage their money in a way that they can afford full time care (notice I didn't say they don't make enough money). They have been late many times so they have to keep dcg home until Wed. Or Thurs. when they can pay and they keep having to pay the $10 per day late fee. Last week mom showed up late 2 times the first day she was 50 minutes late because dads truck was broke down for a few days and they couldn't afford to get it fixed until he got paid (I knew they would be able to lay me the following week with out them saying anything ). I didn't charged them a late fee since I knew they had car trouble (mom could me that morning at I am to ask if she could bring dcg in right then since she was close and they only have one car and I said no). The next day mom was late again by 20 minutes and she came in with the little sandals from the nail salon on and with her hands out like they were drying and I asked why she was late and did not call and she said she got off work early and went to the nail salon and then got stuck in traffic (how can she afford a manicure or pedicure ?). I got a text this morning that dcg won't be back until Wed. and I reminded dad that payment is due today and he said they can't pay until Wed. (I guess they weren't going to tell me they couldnt pay). I am making more money off of watching their child part time every other week and the rest of the time she is here full time but I am over these payment issues. Would you term or keep and hope they get it together? (I have a waiting a list so I can replace easily but I don't take terminating lightly).
daycarediva 07:45 AM 03-13-2017
I don't anticipate this getting better.

I would require two weeks upfront. If they are late on a payment again, they are gone that day.
TXhomedaycare 07:57 AM 03-13-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I don't anticipate this getting better.

I would require two weeks upfront. If they are late on a payment again, they are gone that day.
I do require a 2 week deposit and they paid it over the first 2 months but I was thinking the same thing. Term if they are late again. I don't have it in my handbook how many times I will allow families to late pay before they get termed but I might add it. 3 strikes and then your out.
daycare 08:40 AM 03-13-2017
I would have a talk with them. tell them that just as they depend on their pay check being on time every week so do you. As much as you would like to be able to help them, you are running a business and can't always waive late fees or wait for payments.

I would tell them that while everything else is going great, you are concerned that they are not able to keep up. IF it is too much for them, you will need to find someone else. And while this may sound harsh, it's just business. '
Reply Up