Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>$3 Days And Hours Of Fun
MrsSteinel'sHouse 05:26 AM 03-22-2017
I bought 3 sets of socks (so 9 socks) from Dollar Tree and put them in a little "laundry" basket. They have had so much fun putting those socks on! Even my not yet 2 year old can get them on and off! Life skills, one to one ratio, counting, matching, colors, social skills of sharing and helping our friends. Lots to put down on a "lesson plan".
Cat Herder 05:44 AM 03-22-2017
Add in a snowball (balled socks) toss game and "penguin, penguin, polar bear" group game (think duck, duck, goose) and you have a whole days worth.
Blackcat31 06:08 AM 03-22-2017
Originally Posted by MrsSteinel'sHouse:
I bought 3 sets of socks (so 9 socks) from Dollar Tree and put them in a little "laundry" basket. They have had so much fun putting those socks on! Even my not yet 2 year old can get them on and off! Life skills, one to one ratio, counting, matching, colors, social skills of sharing and helping our friends. Lots to put down on a "lesson plan".
we do this with snow pants, mittens and other winter items. When the time comes to go outside, I can have 10-12 kids under age 5 dressed and ready within 15 minutes.

So win win for sure! Plus what a fun activity for them with all the cute printed socks out now days!
e.j. 12:06 PM 03-22-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
we do this with snow pants, mittens and other winter items. When the time comes to go outside, I can have 10-12 kids under age 5 dressed and ready within 15 minutes.

So win win for sure! Plus what a fun activity for them with all the cute printed socks out now days!
All great ideas!! I have a laundry area and a dress up area that the kids use but I just have doll clothes and "blankets" made out of felt or other material that they practice folding. I never thought of socks or using winter clothing for as dress-ups. I like the idea of the snowball game, too!
Ariana 12:15 PM 03-22-2017
Love these ideas!!
daycare 01:23 PM 03-22-2017
I love this. are the bigger socks or socks their size??

I have a just turned two year old that takes their socks off and can't put them back on. Screams every time they are off. We have them try to put them back on but the two most hated words that my ears can't stand come out..
I CAN'T....

I would love to do something like this...wonderful idea
Josiegirl 02:23 AM 03-23-2017
Cool idea! Thanks for sharing! Gotta love the dollar store. I'll have to pick some up while I'm getting more plastic eggs.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 09:36 AM 03-23-2017
Originally Posted by daycare:
I love this. are the bigger socks or socks their size??

I have a just turned two year old that takes their socks off and can't put them back on. Screams every time they are off. We have them try to put them back on but the two most hated words that my ears can't stand come out..
I CAN'T....

I would love to do something like this...wonderful idea
I bought the girl and boy size socks not toddler size so they are big.
daycare 01:19 PM 03-23-2017
I bought the girl and boy size socks not toddler size so they are big.
sweet. I love your post and ideas.....so creative and really reflect on the child's needs....thanks for always sharing your ideas!!
MrsSteinel'sHouse 04:08 PM 03-23-2017
Originally Posted by daycare:
sweet. I love your post and ideas.....so creative and really reflect on the child's needs....thanks for always sharing your ideas!!
aww you're so sweet! I just love it when I come across something that captures my kids! Seriously, they have been putting on socks every day for over a week now.
Tags:fun, lesson plans, socks
Reply Up