Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Uggghhh!!!
Little Love Bugs 09:52 AM 11-06-2012
I really need to get couch covers. One of the kids just peed on the couch, bummer
countrymom 10:03 AM 11-06-2012
this is why i don't allow them on the couch. Can you unzip the coushion and wash it. Mine are like this and its great.
dave4him 10:26 AM 11-06-2012
My cushions are all peeling,,,, i just need a new couch
Little Love Bugs 10:38 AM 11-06-2012
mine have a rip in them from the dog I really need a new couch but don't want to buy one while I am doing home daycare they will get ruined. THEY DO UN-ZIP
littlemissmuffet 10:43 AM 11-06-2012
Thankfully my living areas are seperate from the daycare areas - except for the kitchen/dining area - but everything in there is vinyl/wipable!

I do have carpet in the playroom however, and I HATE cleaning puke/accidents.

One of the many perks of owning a daycare
daycare 10:43 AM 11-06-2012
was the child in diapers? or pull up???
mrsp'slilpeeps 11:43 AM 11-06-2012
My DC kids are not allowed to sit on my couches anymore due to the fact that they used to wipe their snot on them.

Now they have the luxery of sitting on the floor.
Little Love Bugs 11:54 AM 11-06-2012
he is potty trained but I guess didn't want to go in the potty this time. I think a no couch rule will be inforced when the dck are here, we will all sit on the floor
LK5kids 04:21 PM 11-06-2012
Originally Posted by mrsp'slilpeeps:
My DC kids are not allowed to sit on my couches anymore due to the fact that they used to wipe their snot on them.

Now they have the luxery of sitting on the floor.
While I've always had a separate area there was a time before I got a TV for the child care area and the kids were never allowed to sit on the couch or love seat. We brought in the little chairs from their lunch table and they sat on those. Then I got another TV and they never went into my living area again

My own kids were never allowed to eat in the living room and I had that furniture for 15 yrs. and it was in great condition.
providerandmomof4 04:34 PM 11-06-2012
I clean my couches every weekend....by hand with foam cleaner. They look horrible by then. Little spit up here, little something white, little smear of black. I'm serious, I don't understand it. The kids are rarely on the couches. Oh yea, I clean the carpet every other weekend and walls. It just gets out of control if I don't....It's the worst part of this job. The constant, incessant cleaning.
cheerfuldom 05:54 PM 11-06-2012
the daycare kids ruined a couch when I first started. I dont let them sit on any furniture anymore, except the dining room chairs for lunch and the kid sized furniture in the playroom. if they play in my daughters bedroom, they arent allowed on the beds either.
e.j. 08:36 PM 11-06-2012
Originally Posted by Little Love Bugs:
I really need to get couch covers. One of the kids just peed on the couch, bummer
Oh, yuck. When I first started doing day care, my niece was in my care. She peed on my couch during nap time so I spent that night steam cleaning it. The very next day, she pooped while she was napping and apparently reached into her diaper and smeared it all over the back of my couch. From that day on, the dc kids were not allowed on the living room furniture. They nap on mats on the floor and only non-walkers sleep in a port-a-crib in the living room.
Meeko 06:37 AM 11-07-2012
Look for something similar to this. You can get them from pet sites. Many have waterproof backs too.
Attached: 21644240206110P.JPG (47.0 KB) 
Blackcat31 06:51 AM 11-07-2012
I do not own a single piece of upholstered furniture for that exact reason.
Little Love Bugs 07:24 AM 11-07-2012
I want to buy new couches so bad, but my husband doesn't want to because of doing home daycare I got the steam cleaner and cleaned them yesterday so now they wont smell like pee!
Nellie 07:37 AM 11-07-2012
I honestly don't think we sat on the couches when I was a kid at my moms house. She kept them covered and it seemed like she always did so much complaining that we just quit sitting on them. And if you were somewhere sitting on a couch and some one older than you was there you got off the couch and sat on the floor. I have gotten extremely irratated when kids will come in and go lay on the couch, taking up the entire thing. I think its a big pet peeve of mine. I think my daughter thinks we are Nazi's to make her sit on the floor when company is over.
Reply Up