Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>No Show TWICE
JeepGirl6 09:41 AM 10-16-2013
I am getting very discouraged with not getting any children. I had an interview set up over the weekend. I waited 15 minutes after our scheduled interview to call her since she had not arrived yet. She said she forgot so we rescheduled for yesterday and guess what a no show again & get this I tried to call her & her phone was turned off. I find this so rude & disrespectful. What is wrong with people. It upsets me that I rush around after the children leave to make my house & daycare spotless for an interview that just doesnt show, not that its not already clean but you know what I mean. Some people just don't care how they treat people.
TwinKristi 09:43 AM 10-16-2013
I've only had this happen once and it was very annoying. I didn't bother calling to reschedule. I waited for her and she emailed to apologize 2 days later and I deleted it. I would black list her now! If she does that now, how will she be as a DCP? Ick!
Maria2013 09:46 AM 10-16-2013
Originally Posted by JeepGirl6:
I am getting very discouraged with not getting any children. I had an interview set up over the weekend. I waited 15 minutes after our scheduled interview to call her since she had not arrived yet. She said she forgot so we rescheduled for yesterday and guess what a no show again & get this I tried to call her & her phone was turned off. I find this so rude & disrespectful. What is wrong with people. It upsets me that I rush around after the children leave to make my house & daycare spotless for an interview that just doesnt show, not that its not already clean but you know what I mean. Some people just don't care how they treat people.
"she forgot" what??? How can one forget?I would consider myself lucky to not have even started caring for this family
Do not settle for something you will later regret, no matter how desperate you are you deserve better, someone else will come along
Sugar Magnolia 10:06 AM 10-16-2013
I estimate that for every tour I schedule, about half show up. But I have a center, so I have sadly come to expect this. However, I NEVER reschedule no shows. Unless they call first.
MsLaura529 10:15 AM 10-16-2013
That is so frustrating! I had it happen to me 3 times when I was first starting out (all in the same month).... 1 was from someone who "forgot" and then another one ended up not showing up TWICE (once was because her car died or something, and then I can't remember the other reason she didn't show up). It's so sad, the ones that forget. You would think it would be an important thing in their minds.
mema 10:34 AM 10-16-2013
It is frustrating when parents don't respect your time. I don't reschedule no shows, unless they call in advance to say they cannot make it. I have only had that happen once. She called an hour before saying they had an emergency meeting at work and she knew it wouldn't be over in time, so I did reschedule. All others that call after the fact, I don't. Been burned once on that, never again.
melilley 10:39 AM 10-16-2013
I have had that happen once when I first opened. The lady sounded so interested and we kept texting back and forth because she had to find out when she could come because of her job and then I waited and waited and waited, and she never showed or called. I don't call if they don't show without a call. I just put them on my blacklist.
At least my house was cleaner though...lol But, it is seriously annoying when it happens!
Tags:no show
Reply Up