Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Parents Who NEVER Stay Home With Their Kids!!!
TSDaycare 03:45 AM 01-27-2011
Just a vent this morning-we have lots of snow,school has been out this week, and there are the parents who ALWAYS go to work! They dont even go in late-here at 630 sharp to drop off their kids everyday! And to only pick them up right at close @ 5pm! No matter if there is 2 feet of snow or 2 inches of snow! Just seems like the only time they take off is when they have too-because I close! Now Im the type who would love to just take a day off when I was working if I could-and didnt mind if my children were home with me-I would even take off if they had a day off school just for a special treat. Why dont most people have this decency! I understand that not everyone can take off freely-but these people must have alot of leave stacked up because they sure and using it-and they have decent jobs with good benefits! It would just be nice one snowy cold morning to get to sleep in a little even if it was an extra 30 mins only! That would be a treat for me!!!
jenh171 03:53 AM 01-27-2011
I am SOOO feeling this this morning! warning: vent ahead!

Snow, schools are closed, you are out of work, AND your child will be the ONLY one in my child care all day today....no brainer. Please stay home with your child and let me have the snow day off with my own kids! And if you are going to stay home, let me know so I can go back to bed!
newtodaycare22 03:54 AM 01-27-2011
Amen!!!!!!!
DBug 04:15 AM 01-27-2011
I just mentioned this in the other snow thread, but Monday night we had no gas -- -15C (5F) outside, and no heat inside. I called everyone to let them know I'd still be open, but it would be pretty cold at my house. Everyone still came . I was kind of hoping for a bit of a sleep-in at least, but no such luck!

Still, one dc parent showed up with a space heater, so that was nice ... but an extra hour of sleep would have been nicer .
TSDaycare 04:18 AM 01-27-2011
I think what bothers me the most is that these kids are here when I open in the morning and don't leave until I close-then I know that they are in bed by 730, and back to me again in the morning! Just seems like Im raising them.....they are only home 2 1/2 hrs before they go to bed. And come 630am they are full of energy because they have been asleep for 10 hrs!
lil angels 04:27 AM 01-27-2011
oh my sounds the same here. People say well if I am paying they might as well play. Even though they wonder where mom is going in the morning as I watch her go back home REALLY she is paying me to watch her kids but come on it one is sick she always brings the other instead of hanging out with them. It is crazy I hear ya!!!!
Tags:parents adsent from kids lives
Reply Up