Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sweet Tea For Lunch!!!!!
TSDaycare 04:18 AM 06-14-2017
Really!!! Mom sends big ole jug of sweet tea with overweight SA daughter's lunch for the 2nd day in a row. I do not provide lunch for my SA's on days off and during summer, they must bring their own. She makes it very clear every summer she hates to have to pack lunches, little girl eats at school everyday during year which is probably a good thing, she has gained alot of weight since starting with me 4 years ago.
It just amazes me how most parents need everything spelled out in black and white, I feel like I'm talking to toddlers instead!
daycarediva 07:24 AM 06-14-2017
Raise rates to reflect/start providing it? Our school lunch is about $3/day so $15/week would be reasonable for me. Or maybe list what can be brought for lunch? Or start providing drinks only?

How frustrating, especially when parents know better but value convenience over all else.
daycare 07:30 AM 06-14-2017
I am going to google it here in a second, but what is sweet tea? sugar in the tea drink?

doesn't tea have caffeine in it?
Ariana 07:54 AM 06-14-2017
Some parents are clueless! I had an SA kid bringing 0% fat aspertame yogurt and chocolate cookies for school lunch. Mom had zero clue why kid was soooo exhausted at end of day!!! Luckily the school called a meeting with her to discuss the lunches. When mom told me about the meeting she just rolled her eyes. Clueless.
Pestle 08:21 AM 06-14-2017
Daycare, sweet tea is a southern beverage made with as much sugar as a Coke.

My daughter's school would just confiscate any food that didn't meet their standards and the kid would go hungry. But they did provide a list of what was acceptable:

-Water or milk to drink (no juice, sodas, etc.)
-Whole grains (no white bread, Goldfish crackers, etc.)
-Yogurt and cheeses
-Fruits and vegetables
-Meats
-Any cookies or other rejected food will be offered to the child at snack time in the afternoon but will not be allowed at lunch
hwichlaz 01:08 PM 06-14-2017
It's about the same as Koolaid...though I make mine with far less sugar. I make a big 4-liter container of sweet tea, with only a cup of sugar. Putting the sugar in while the tea is still hot makes it dissolve really well so you don't need to use very much. If I add it to my cold glass of iced tea I end up using tons of sugar because it doesn't dissolve well and just hangs out in the bottom of my glass.

Are you on the food program? Isn't it easier to just feed everyone the same if you're already preparing meals for most of the kids?
Reply Up