Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help!! Spanish Speaking Child!
flying_babyb 06:49 PM 06-06-2017
OK we have a new child who started today! He is one and only speaks Spanish! Is there a nice cheat sheet we can use to learn some basic Spanish for the classroom? We want to be able to say it in Spanish then English (point to table, Mesa, julio, table, juilo). I just feel like if we take the time to learn a few words it will drastically improve his transition.
Blackcat31 06:55 PM 06-06-2017
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
OK we have a new child who started today! He is one and only speaks Spanish! Is there a nice cheat sheet we can use to learn some basic Spanish for the classroom? We want to be able to say it in Spanish then English (point to table, Mesa, julio, table, juilo). I just feel like if we take the time to learn a few words it will drastically improve his transition.
There are alot of great apps that translate for you!

I believe some are free to use
flying_babyb 06:58 PM 06-06-2017
any suggestions on a app? the mom dont speak English either and her kids are night children (after the only Spanish speaking teacher we have leaves)
AmyKidsCo 08:22 PM 06-06-2017
Do a Google search for a translator for the words you want him to learn. You could also try introducing sign language for common words: more, all done, drink, eat, etc.
Blackcat31 05:53 AM 06-07-2017
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
any suggestions on a app? the mom dont speak English either and her kids are night children (after the only Spanish speaking teacher we have leaves)
I don't use them but I have parents that use them for their jobs... I asked one of the parents and he sent me this link:

http://heavy.com/tech/2015/04/best-t...phone-android/

He said many of the apps are great but are specific for what you need them for....having a convo, traveling, teaching etc... so you'd have to check them out and see which one(s) would meet your needs.
Hunni Bee 06:09 AM 06-08-2017
I use Google Translate. My Mandarin-speaking little one knows how to use it at well.
Tags:spanish
Reply Up