Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>FIA (State) Families - Michigan
BarbInMich 07:54 PM 04-12-2016
Does anyone know how the State of Michigan handles paying for daycare? It's been about 10 years since I've had a family that pays through the State and I believe there have been changes made since then.

It used to be that I kept track of the hours and phoned-in the information every-other Friday. The payment would be in the mailbox the following Wednesday.

I thought I read that the parents do the billing and receive the check now, but use it to pay for daycare. Is that correct?

Thank you in advance.
Michael 01:02 AM 04-13-2016
Not sure about FIA but here are some threads regarding subsidy in Michigan: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...idy+-+michigan
BarbInMich 09:01 PM 04-14-2016
Thank you Michael!
284878 06:53 PM 04-17-2016
Originally Posted by BarbInMich:
Does anyone know how the State of Michigan handles paying for daycare? It's been about 10 years since I've had a family that pays through the State and I believe there have been changes made since then.

It used to be that I kept track of the hours and phoned-in the information every-other Friday. The payment would be in the mailbox the following Wednesday.

I thought I read that the parents do the billing and receive the check now, but use it to pay for daycare. Is that correct?

Thank you in advance.
They made changes early this year. The rate you get paid hourly is based on your star rating. You can charge up to 90 hours every two weeks. You also can charge for time a child was absent, there is a limit to the number of absent hours you can use. (If you had a dck that was schedule, 8-5 and gets picked up one day at noon, you can still get paid for the whole day) You submit the weeks every two weeks on or after Friday. You can even submit past weeks, but not sure how far back. I use direct deposit and got my funds in my account the following Thursday and an email gets sent to let you know that it is being processed. No longer have to wait for parents to submit, once everything is set it is all on you.
BarbInMich 07:52 PM 04-17-2016
Thank you for taking the time to explain this 284878. It sounds like the changes they made this year are for the better.
Tags:fia, michigan member, subsidy - michigan
Reply Up