Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Events for Families?
Josiegirl 09:55 AM 10-27-2016
Can the entire cost of putting on an event for dcfs, be taken off taxes? For example, everything we buy for a Christmas party where we invite all the families, or potluck dinners, things like that?

I'm hosting a potluck dinner for dcfs tomorrow and have been adding up the costs. Extra Halloween decorations, extra activities for siblings, costs of making food, supplying tableware, drinks, etc....yikes.

Thanks!
Josiegirl 04:10 PM 11-27-2016
Bringing it back hoping for an answer? Thanks!
If it makes any difference, these are events I'm doing to fulfill STARS requirements.
Mike 05:14 PM 11-27-2016
The costs to put on the event should be allowed to be considered business expenses, so at year end that would come off your income and lower your taxes.
TomCopeland 05:18 PM 11-27-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Can the entire cost of putting on an event for dcfs, be taken off taxes? For example, everything we buy for a Christmas party where we invite all the families, or potluck dinners, things like that?

I'm hosting a potluck dinner for dcfs tomorrow and have been adding up the costs. Extra Halloween decorations, extra activities for siblings, costs of making food, supplying tableware, drinks, etc....yikes.

Thanks!
Deduct the entire cost as advertising or as an activity expense.
Josiegirl 02:28 AM 11-28-2016
Thank You
LysesKids 05:20 AM 11-28-2016
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
Deduct the entire cost as advertising or as an activity expense.
This helps me out too... I'm hosting a winter party for daycare families in 2 weeks and the extra stuff adds up quickly
Reply Up