Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Closing- Need Help Notifying Parents
Pepperth 10:22 AM 07-20-2017
I'm trying to write a daycare closing letter, as a new opportunity has presented itself that I cannot pass up. I was hoping to give more notice, but I will only be able to give a little over 2 weeks. Does anybody have a sample letter or a good way to word it? Also, I have one day care child who is not here for the summer, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to notify them since I wont see them in person. Thanks.
Blackcat31 12:29 PM 07-20-2017
Originally Posted by Pepperth:
I'm trying to write a daycare closing letter, as a new opportunity has presented itself that I cannot pass up. I was hoping to give more notice, but I will only be able to give a little over 2 weeks. Does anybody have a sample letter or a good way to word it? Also, I have one day care child who is not here for the summer, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to notify them since I wont see them in person. Thanks.
Dear Families

It is with a heavy heart I must notify you all that I will be closing my doors and no longer providing child care.

An opportunity has come up that is a necessary step I must take in the best interest of my family. I have enjoyed my time caring for your family and will miss you all!

The last day I will be open for business is Friday, July X, 2017. If you find alternate care before this date, please let me know.

Thank you all again for the opportunity to be a part of your child's life! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via e-mail, text or phone.

Thank you

Pepperth

Something like that maybe?!

As for the family that does not attend in the summer I would tell them in a separate notice via e-mail maybe...

Good luck on your new adventure!!!
Pepperth 12:52 PM 07-20-2017
That's perfect. Thanks. The best part is I'll still be involved in childcare, just a different venture, so I still plan on hanging around.
Blackcat31 12:59 PM 07-20-2017
Originally Posted by Pepperth:
That's perfect. Thanks. The best part is I'll still be involved in childcare, just a different venture, so I still plan on hanging around.
Yay! I was sad thinking we were losing another member but looks like you'll be staying so yay!

Now share and tell us what this awesome new opportunity is...... (if you want to share that is.....)
AmyKidsCo 01:23 PM 07-20-2017
I might leave out the second sentence about the opportunity but otherwise it sounds great!
Reply Up