Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nebraska Licensing Questions
niccik0831 11:19 AM 07-21-2017
Hi!! I have a few questions for those who may be familiar with Nebraska.

1. Can I operate (legally) as an unlicensed provider while beginning the licensing process? (I don't know how long it takes but I'd like to have a few clients lined up to start by September 1st.)

2. What are typical rates in and around the Omaha area? I live in the Millard area (almost Gretna) and I was considering $150 for infants and $125 for children. Does this seem comparable to others in the area?

3. Our capacity once licensed depends on our space? Is that right? Is that straight square footage of the areas we intend to use for childcare or open floor space? (Example: Actual square footage of the living room, dining room, and kitchen; or, square footage minus the space taken up by the furniture?) Does that make sense? We live in a split level so we're just trying to figure out the how and the where of setting up our area.

Thanks for your replies!!!
Blackcat31 12:35 PM 07-21-2017
Originally Posted by niccik0831:
Hi!! I have a few questions for those who may be familiar with Nebraska.

1. Can I operate (legally) as an unlicensed provider while beginning the licensing process? (I don't know how long it takes but I'd like to have a few clients lined up to start by September 1st.)

2. What are typical rates in and around the Omaha area? I live in the Millard area (almost Gretna) and I was considering $150 for infants and $125 for children. Does this seem comparable to others in the area?

3. Our capacity once licensed depends on our space? Is that right? Is that straight square footage of the areas we intend to use for childcare or open floor space? (Example: Actual square footage of the living room, dining room, and kitchen; or, square footage minus the space taken up by the furniture?) Does that make sense? We live in a split level so we're just trying to figure out the how and the where of setting up our area.

Thanks for your replies!!!
Welcome to the forum!

I don't know anything about Nebraska licensing laws but this link might be helpful.... https://www.daycare.com/nebraska/
Reply Up