Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Questions About Bookkeeping
Karen Nibert 12:21 PM 04-10-2017
I’m starting a virtual bookkeeping business and I am planning on specializing in daycare providers. I love early childcare, and want to support the essential services that you provide. I stay at home with two little boys of my own, ages 1.5 and 4. For a variety of reasons, me running a daycare business does not work for our family, but this will (I hope!) allow me to work, be part of childcare services, and still spend a lot of time with my kids.

I want to figure out the best way I can help you, so I have some questions:
What are the biggest challenges you face in your business?
What’s the best part of your job?
Day-to-day, what is the most essential thing you do for your business?
How could I save you time or make you less stressed?

If anyone is willing, I’d also be thrilled to talk to you on the phone about your business for 20 minutes or so. (Don’t worry; I’m not trying to sell anything. I’m just doing research now.) I’ll donate $20 to the charity of your choice after our conversation. I’m free most days at 9:30am and after 7pm EST.

Thanks!
Michael 12:25 PM 04-10-2017
Welcome to the forum.

You may find answers to most of your questions on this forum. https://www.daycare.com/forum/search.php?do=process
AmyKidsCo 01:46 PM 04-10-2017
Hi, what a great idea!!

What are the biggest challenges you face in your business?
I hate dealing with money and filling empty spots. In the past parents not following policies was a problem but I've got "good" parents right now.

What’s the best part of your job?
Knowing I'm making a difference in the lives of "my" kiddos and their families, and being able to work in my home.

Day-to-day, what is the most essential thing you do for your business?
Records-wise - recording drop-off, pick-up, and food program. Otherwise, spending time with the children.

How could I save you time or make you less stressed?My biggest challenges are remembering to record time spent on business work when children aren't present, and when there are conflicts with parents like late payment fees, etc.
Karen Nibert 06:16 AM 04-11-2017
Thanks so much for the feedback!
Tags:bookkeeping
Reply Up