Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Redoing The Playground
Josiegirl 04:00 AM 04-09-2017
It's that time of year again. At least for me. I'm sitting here looking out my window, at a very sad, muddy, bare backyard. Dreaming, fantasizing, imagining. I put away most of my equipment for the winter and don't like to bring it out again til most of the mud is gone, which may be a couple more weeks.
Pretty sure I did this last spring too. But if anyone could share pictures of their outdoor environment or describe your favorite things about it, I would appreciate it dearly!!
I have a sandbox, which is lively all summer, along with an old playhouse and an old play kitchen. I have a big maple tree that isn't going anywhere. I have a rock path into the yard which I made last year. And I have 2 small garden beds which we made last year and am hoping to expand on this year. Other than that, everything else is movable and needs changing. My outdoor equipment consists of old LT type stuff, including an 8-in-1 that now gets set up separately because I couldn't figure out how to put the whole thing together last year.

I wish I could download pictures from my camera to show all of you but for some reason my camera won't let me put pics on my computer anymore and I am so tech inept.

So any suggestions?? Thoughts?? My backyard is all fenced in with a 6' high privacy fencing. Two gates. Grass doesn't seem to take. Mud does really well though.
Mike 09:30 AM 04-09-2017
Mud's never a problem is it? You outta see my mother's driveway right now.

Can't help much for the yard ideas, but I am tech savvy, and guess what? For some reason my cell phone won't connect to my computer to transfer photos either, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why. So I overcome that problem by using my cell to email me the pix, then I get my email on my computer and tada, pix are on the computer. Can you email pix from your cell?
Josiegirl 01:22 PM 04-09-2017
Originally Posted by Mike:
Mud's never a problem is it? You outta see my mother's driveway right now.

Can't help much for the yard ideas, but I am tech savvy, and guess what? For some reason my cell phone won't connect to my computer to transfer photos either, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why. So I overcome that problem by using my cell to email me the pix, then I get my email on my computer and tada, pix are on the computer. Can you email pix from your cell?
LOL You're gonna love this Mike. I have a flip phone. I text. I call. I read my texts. That's it. And when I text I have to tap each number according to which letter I need. Remember those?? Plain and simple. I like my life to be uncomplicated. Someone suggested I take my camera into Rite Aid or Walmart where they do the pictures digitally. But I don't know how to do that either.

I believe you need to get right on your mother's driveway and fix it for her. I'm so glad the weather is finally showing hope for actual spring but the mud is not fun. Kids love it though.
Mike 02:36 PM 04-09-2017
Your phone probably doesn't let you send pictures via text messages then, right? Text to your email address?

It's nice that spring is finally here. Did some work outside today.

You'll get ideas for your back yard tomorrow when the forum gets busy again. I think many of the active members here like to take the weekend off, including here.
Josiegirl 03:06 PM 04-09-2017
AFAIK there is no way to get pictures onto my phone. People have sent me pics to my cell # and all I get is a message to go online to verizonsomethingorother to see the pictures and it never works. My phone doesn't take pictures either.
I figure a couple more years and my cell phone will be worth tons as an antique.
Blackcat31 07:06 AM 04-10-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Someone suggested I take my camera into Rite Aid or Walmart where they do the pictures digitally. But I don't know how to do that either.
Take your camera to Walmart. The staff in the photo department can help you! The ones in that section of my Walmart are SUPER friendly and helpful!! They can take your camera SD card and upload your photos to a Walmart account.

You can then go home, go to Walmart on-line and log in and all your photos will be right there for you to view, edit, print at home or send to the Walmart photo center and have them print them out.

You can do this ever time your camera is full or has a lot of pictures on it. My dad is a snowbird and live in northern MN most the summer/fall but heads to TX in the winter months. He too has a camera he has NO idea how to do anything but take the picture. He has no computer or tablet and has a flip phone. He takes his camera into Walmart every so often and the staff takes over from there... (ANY Walmart, as he travels) He can log on to Walmart . com then and access any of his photos any time.

HTH
daycarediva 07:40 AM 04-10-2017
Any photo place can take the pictures from your camera memory card and put them onto a photo cd, too!

I have my dc fence, a kid size picnic table with umbrella, loose parts that the kids transport everywhere (plastic gutters, pvc pipe, landscape timbers, rocks of all sizes, etc) a mud kitchen, garden, a sand table, a water table, a music wall, a plexiglass easel, a couple teeter totters, one playhouse, bubble wand stations, and two small slides.
Josiegirl 09:33 AM 04-10-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Any photo place can take the pictures from your camera memory card and put them onto a photo cd, too!

I have my dc fence, a kid size picnic table with umbrella, loose parts that the kids transport everywhere (plastic gutters, pvc pipe, landscape timbers, rocks of all sizes, etc) a mud kitchen, garden, a sand table, a water table, a music wall, a plexiglass easel, a couple teeter totters, one playhouse, bubble wand stations, and two small slides.
I've thought about a music wall but a lot of my neighbors are retired and probably cringe whenever they see us head outside anyways. I would like to do another water wall this summer though!! I did one a couple years ago but would love it to be more elaborate and creative. Hmmm, will have to check into that. AND loose parts! I started one of those a couple years ago too and they were just not interested. It was almost as if they didn't have a clue what to do with 'stuff' ya know? What?? No batteries??? But I actually have that on my list of 'to do' this year.

Thanks for the info about bringing my camera into Walmart, heading there this weekend so maybe I'll check into that.
originalkat 08:12 PM 04-16-2017
Im in the process of redoing my play area too! Pinterest Natural Playgrounds for some awesome ideas! Not sure what to do about the mud/dirt though.
Reply Up