Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do Your Clients Sign In Daily?
trix23 02:58 PM 04-20-2017
What does your sign-in process look like?

I've had a few different systems in place for this and haven't really found one that works.

I originally had something where there were 3 or 4 slots per day on a homemade sheet I had made for people to sign in and out but then since I was new, a lot of them went unused.

I also did one section of a three-ring binder per child but then I had to fill in the dates and it was fussy. So I'm trying to find a new way to do it that simplifies everything while not wasting paper...

Ideas!

Pestle 04:31 PM 04-20-2017
One sheet of paper per child. Stack is on a clipboard, with a pen, at the door. Child's name at the top.

Five columns:

DATE / TIME IN / SIGNATURE / TIME OUT / SIGNATURE

Parent can't leave without filling it in at drop off and pick up.
Pandaluver21 05:37 PM 04-20-2017
I do the week of: ___-___

One sheet per child (or family)

All they have to do is put the time in/out and sign. It is not optional

For regulations here, they can sign once per sheet... but I prefer them to do so per time.
Attached: 12a.jpg (121.6 KB) 
LysesKids 08:12 PM 04-20-2017
One page daily, name of each child/family and an in and out 'time" line (based on my cell phone clock)... most my families drop with one parent & pick up with the other; I have to remind some parents to sign lol
284878 05:27 AM 04-21-2017
I rarely have to remind anyone, mostly just the parent or friend that does not normally come.

I have one sheet for the month or four full weeks (landscape) with all dates and names preprinted. A column for in, out, and intails daily then a signature at the end of the week. All families are part time so the days that they don't come are shaded in. The clock by the door is the master clock. I have the clipboard infront of the kids cubes with two pens, in case someone walks a way with one again.
Blackcat31 05:37 AM 04-21-2017
I have a clip board by the door.

It lists all the kids (vertically) and says Time In/Out - Parent Signature for Monday through Friday.

I don't remind anyone. If they forget, they are automatically charged through close time (5:00) so it's rare anyone forgets.

I am required to have a sign in/out sheet if I accept families using state assistance but since I can't single families out I have to have all families do it.
Meeko 07:12 AM 04-21-2017
I print off a calendar for each family every month and staple them together like a book in alphabetical order. Parents write down time (from MY clock) and initial upon arrival and departure. Days they are not here are X'd out. I include notes/reminders etc on the page.

We are required by regs to have a sign in/out system.

I find this easy and parents can't ever say "I didn't know" about a certain thing, when I have notes right in front of them.

I attached a sample. I use clip art to make it cute or festive. April's sign in sheets are covered in Easter stuff.

I do it using "Printmaster" but there are numerous programs out there to make calendars.
Attached: unnamed.jpg (23.6 KB) 
Unregistered 07:32 PM 04-21-2017
We have a clipboard for each age group on a table in the gym with a sheet that has "time in", "signature", time out & signature with each child's name in aphrabetical order by last name
AmyKidsCo 09:22 AM 04-22-2017
The state of WI has a form we're required to use. It's one week per sheet with children's names down the left and days/in-out across the top. I shrunk the sheet down so I could add the provider sign in/out at the bottom and the columns on the far right.
Attached: AttendanceTemplate.pdf (92.8 KB) 
hwichlaz 03:48 PM 04-26-2017
I have a clipboard with a sign in sheet. Everyone uses the same one, but first names of kids only. you sign your kid in and out, and initial. Subsidy kids also have to sign in on their subsidy sheets.

I'm not required to have anything, but it makes spot inspections/audits for the food program easier. I can just show that my sign in sheets match my attendance records.
hwichlaz 03:51 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
The state of WI has a form we're required to use. It's one week per sheet with children's names down the left and days/in-out across the top. I shrunk the sheet down so I could add the provider sign in/out at the bottom and the columns on the far right.
What do you do with kids that sign in and out more than once a day? Do you write their names down twice or squeeze it in those little boxes?
Crazy8 08:55 AM 05-01-2017
Binder by the door - lists all 5 kids on one page with time in and time out for each day of the week. So at end of the year I have 52 pages.
trix23 01:19 PM 05-01-2017
I like your idea Meeko. Thank you everyone for input!!
MarinaVanessa 12:50 PM 05-02-2017
I have a simple spreadsheet with spot to fill in the parent's name, month and the child's name along the top.
The spreadsheet itself has columns with the following:
- Date
- Time In
- Signature
- Time Out
- Signature
- Time In
- Signature
- Time Out
- Signature
(mine repeats itself because I used to do before and after school care so I'd have a spot to sign kids in and out in the AM and then again in the PM and never changed my sheet)

Down the "Date" column I have it numbered:
1st
2nd
3rd
4th ... etc
all the way to 31st
Parents sign on the line with today's date.

Super simple, super easy. Same sheet each month for each child. I print out about 6 sheets per child at a time and put them all in a binder. Each child has a divider with their name on it. I put the blanks in the back of the child's filled out sheets and just move a blank one to the front at the beginning of each month.

My binder also holds my emergency information so it's easy to grab and go in an emergency. I hole punch all of my kids files and keep them in the same binder so when licensing visits all of my documents are there too.

I attached it below
Attached: Sign In Out Log.pdf (318.3 KB) 
laundrymom 03:20 PM 05-02-2017
Am I the only one who doesn't have them sign in or out?
Laurie 04:00 PM 05-02-2017
Nope! You're not alone CA doesn't make home daycares use sign in sheets.
AmyKidsCo 06:42 PM 05-02-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
What do you do with kids that sign in and out more than once a day? Do you write their names down twice or squeeze it in those little boxes?
I squeeze it in the little boxes. I rarely have any sign in/out twice a day, and the only ones who do more than twice are grandkids going 3 doors down to my parents', so I'm more lax about them signing in and out.
kendallina 07:16 PM 05-02-2017
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I don't either...I'm legally unlicensed in Ohio so I don't have to do anything!

I do write down approx times for in and out for each child but only use it in case I have a parent who's pushing the boundaries of pick up time. I don't charge a late fee, but if someone is more than a couple of minutes late more than once per week, then I say something. I always have really good parents, so it's never an issue and they're always super embarrassed and then EARLY whenever I call them on it. I always tell them, "don't be the reason I start a late fee!" lol
Josiegirl 09:33 AM 05-03-2017
I don't have parents sign in/out either. It isn't mandatory. YET. But I have a sheet of attendance that I fill out, on my kitchen cupboard right next to my weekly menu plan.
Blackcat31 09:58 AM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I am required to have them because I accept families using state assistance. If I didn't accept assistance I wouldn't have to have them but I probably would anyways as it's always been advised to have records for attendance. Helps if you are ever audited too!
thrivingchildcarecom 10:19 AM 05-03-2017
I will attach the form I have used for years. You may have to remind parents over and over to be sure to sign in and out. In my state, we are required to keep this documentation, so I don't give parents an option. http://childsplaykids.theblogpress.c...heet-BLANK.pdf
Blackcat31 11:41 AM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
I'm not required to have anything, but it makes spot inspections/audits for the food program easier. I can just show that my sign in sheets match my attendance records.
Originally Posted by Laurie:
Nope! You're not alone CA doesn't make home daycares use sign in sheets.
Originally Posted by thrivingchildcarecom:
In my state, we are required to keep this documentation, so I don't give parents an option.
All in CA and all have different requirements
Mom2Two 12:10 PM 05-03-2017
I'm not sure how to copy pdfs, but maybe i'll try to put mine in.
Mom2Two 12:25 PM 05-03-2017
file:///home/rtomlinson/Pictures/Screenshot%20from%202017-05-03%2013-22-48.png
Tags:sign in, sign in sheet
Reply Up