Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do I Need License To Babysit For The Summer Only
Starrsinmyeyes 05:13 PM 04-23-2017
I live in illinois and want to babysit in my home just from June 5th thru August 11th. Do I need to be licensed? I will be watching 10 children all bove the age of two and my adult daughter will be helping me.
LysesKids 04:19 AM 04-24-2017
Originally Posted by Starrsinmyeyes:
I live in illinois and want to babysit in my home just from June 5th thru August 11th. Do I need to be licensed? I will be watching 10 children all bove the age of two and my adult daughter will be helping me.
In IL you must be licensed if you care for over 3 children... it doesn't matter if you have help, it is still 3 even with 2 adults. Also children are considered toddlers up to 30 months https://www.daycare.com/illinois/lic...are_homes.html
Blackcat31 07:08 AM 04-24-2017
I am not positive but from what I understand Illinois is pretty tough on those not licensed (if they should be licensed but aren't)

Here are the types of programs in Illinois that are licensed exempt: https://www.illinois.gov/dcfs/aboutu.../rules_377.pdf
spinnymarie 10:41 AM 04-24-2017
Yes, you do.
DaveA 05:22 AM 04-26-2017
In IL you will need a license. Considering the pace that DCFS normally moves at you won't get one by the summer. If you are applying for a license you can operate under a temporary permit after they get the initial stuff lined out. Find out where your local office is and contact them ASAP to get it underway.
LysesKids 06:41 AM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by DaveA:
In IL you will need a license. Considering the pace that DCFS normally moves at you won't get one by the summer. If you are applying for a license you can operate under a temporary permit after they get the initial stuff lined out. Find out where your local office is and contact them ASAP to get it underway.
That's why I started out Registered when I lived there... I was able to start up faster than just going licensed from get go. You still have to clear hurdles especially if you take vouchers ( I was there during the time providers weren't getting paid for months, so I stopped taking subsidy). My space really didn't make it feasible to take over 4 kids anyway, so I stayed registered (3 kids) the 2 years I lived there.
Pandaluver21 12:39 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by DaveA:
I've heard about the "temporary permit" from a few people, is this just in IL?
LysesKids 04:06 PM 04-26-2017
Originally Posted by Pandaluver21:
edited for replying to wrong person
DaveA 05:47 AM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Pandaluver21:
I don't know but would assume IL isn't the only state that has some way for providers to operate while licensing. In IL a permit is just that- a temporary way for the state to say that they know who you are and that you are working to get licensed.
Tags:license - provisional, licensing regulations, licensing visit
Reply Up