Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>I Need Help!!!
KristinsHomeCC 11:16 AM 10-26-2015
I am signing the contract to accept govt assistance here in FL and I must have a curriculum. So far, I've only been play-based. I have to have one with character development in it and one that covers B-4, so here are my options:

Baby Doll Circle Time 2012
Creative Curriculum for Family Child Care 2009
Edu 1st VESS Curriculum 1st Edition
Frog Street Toddler

..and they all happen to be really expensive! OR I'm getting crazy-mixed prices. Like on Amazon, Baby Doll Circle Time - New $50 free shipping Used $128 . . that doesn't make sense. I don't want to purchase the wrong thing. Having a super hard time here! Someone please help!

Does one 126 page book count as a whole curriculum?? UGH I'm starting to get a headache...someone pass the caffeine
Blackcat31 11:21 AM 10-26-2015
Originally Posted by KristinsHomeCC:
I am signing the contract to accept govt assistance here in FL and I must have a curriculum. So far, I've only been play-based. I have to have one with character development in it and one that covers B-4, so here are my options:

Frog Street Toddler

..and they all happen to be really expensive! OR I'm getting crazy-mixed prices. Like on Amazon, Baby Doll Circle Time - New $50 free shipping Used $128 . . that doesn't make sense. I don't want to purchase the wrong thing. Having a super hard time here! Someone please help!

Does one 126 page book count as a whole curriculum?? UGH I'm starting to get a headache...someone pass the caffeine
Creative Curriculum for Family Child Care costs only $99.

http://shop.teachingstrategies.com/p...child-care.cfm

GOOD investment and covers play based learning from infancy to preschool age.
laundrymom 11:22 AM 10-26-2015
What kind of curriculum is required?
Mine is play based.
This week we are working on science concepts through fall activities. Next week we will be focusing on the harvest of local crops and the ways that happens.
It's not hard. It's just a basic written plan.

Frog Street Toddler

KristinsHomeCC 11:23 AM 10-26-2015
THANK YOU. So does that mean it's a one-time charge of $99, ever ??
KristinsHomeCC 11:26 AM 10-26-2015
I *have* to have one of these. I cannot make my own, so frustrating.

Originally Posted by laundrymom:
What kind of curriculum is required?
Mine is play based.
This week we are working on science concepts through fall activities. Next week we will be focusing on the harvest of local crops and the ways that happens.
It's not hard. It's just a basic written plan.

Blackcat31 11:34 AM 10-26-2015
THANK YOU. So does that mean it's a one-time charge of $99, ever ??
Yes. One time ONLY.

Then you just follow the practices/outline within.

Its an approved curricula for my state's QRIS
Mom2Two 12:34 PM 10-28-2015
Are you sure that "play-based" doesn't count as curriculum? It probably depends on if you just have some toys, or if you have centers set up.

If you can go through and show how you are meeting children's needs in each of the domains, and also how you have a substantial indoor AND outdoor environment, I would think that would qualify for a curriculum for 0-4. But if you haven't done classes or aren't able to explain what you do, then the $99 might be less expensive. But I'm wondering if that curriculum is just congnitive or appropriate curriculum for 0-5.
auntymimi 06:39 PM 10-28-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Creative Curriculum for Family Child Care costs only $99.

http://shop.teachingstrategies.com/p...child-care.cfm

GOOD investment and covers play based learning from infancy to preschool age.
This is what I use.
auntymimi 06:42 PM 10-28-2015
Also, check with you ccr&r, they may even have a grant you can apply for to help offset the cost.
Tags:cirriculum
Reply Up