Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Had Enough Of The Nose!
Breezy 11:27 AM 02-28-2012
DCG I wrote about yesterday still has the nasty running nose. She cries at the drop of the hat because she obviously doesn't feel good. And so then it pours out in gross gobs. She is mouthing everything (13 months old) and getting a combo of drool and snot on everything so I am forever going behind her and wiping everything down before it goes into Ds's mouth (12 months old). I told mom that she hasn't had an appetite, pulling on ears, whining, nose pouring, just seems miserable. She asked if she needed to come get her and I hmmmed and hawwed over it for a while and then just said yes. I know my DS has already been exposed but I have other DCKs that havne't been here yet. One with a very low immune system due to being born at 28 weeks. SO she is on her way. DCGs temp is 99.8. I feel bad for having her come because she is on and off miserable. But I just couldn't take the snot anymore.

Did I do the right thing?
SunshineMama 11:30 AM 02-28-2012
Yes you did the right thing, and I admire your courage to send her home. I have not sent a dck home yet on the almost year I have been doing this and I wish I had the guts to do it.
Mom&Provider 11:33 AM 02-28-2012
Yup...you did the right thing!
Breezy 11:35 AM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by SunshineMama:
Yes you did the right thing, and I admire your courage to send her home. I have not sent a dck home yet on the almost year I have been doing this and I wish I had the guts to do it.
This is my first time I am pretty sure. In 3 years. I have not had the guts either until now.
Breezy 11:36 AM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by mom&provider:
yup...you did the right thing!
thank you!
wdmmom 11:46 AM 02-28-2012
yes! Any child that isn't able to function with the group and normal daily activities should be home. This includes a persistent runny nose.

I'd say you had 2 reasons to send home and another .2 degrees would have been a 3rd reason.

Don't question yourself, you did the right thing.
Breezy 11:47 AM 02-28-2012
Crossing my fingers my DS doesnt get ill.
countrymom 12:03 PM 02-28-2012
you did the right thing. When they are whiney and have that glossy look then they are sick and need to go home. Don't ever second guess yourself. I bet you she has an ear infection or sinus infection
Tags:runny nose
Reply Up