Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>This CL Add Takes The Cake!
momofsix 11:33 AM 08-23-2012
I wonder if she'll get anyone!

Hello! I'm looking for a Sitter
September 10-13 Monday-Thursday
And
September 17-20 Monday-Thursday
From 8:30-2:30.
My mom will also be there, but is not able to care for her on her own.
I've never left her before, so I need to find someone I can trust, with references. Experience is a must. Please email if your interested and we can schedule a time to met before the date. I will get back to your email towards the end of the month. We can't afford much, so I would prefer paying you with a good condition coach purse or other name brands. If this is an option, please let me know!
I'm a stay at home mom looking for a job, thank you!
DaisyMamma 11:37 AM 08-23-2012

Can't afford much but can afford a coach purse and other name brands!

jojosmommy 11:39 AM 08-23-2012

Only good thing about that ad is the hours!

Do you have to take care of the mom too? YIKES!!!

Creek 11:40 AM 08-23-2012
That's fantastic!!!
Liliya 11:44 AM 08-23-2012
People do not think,I came across this ad today.

"Position perfect for stay at home mom, college student or retiree. Needed somewhat experienced person for child care. Non smoker. I need a dependable person with their own transportation to watch my child in my home. Monday thru friday 715-230. A child or 2 would be welcome to come with the right candidate. Pay is $200 per month. I have 1 20 month old at home. Occasionally my 6yr old might be there according to her school schedule. References required. If this sounds like an opportunity you would be interested in please text 8653216324. The position is available on August 27th. I want this to be a long term position. "
daycare 11:53 AM 08-23-2012
lolo I have other priorities than my chlid like buying only name brand stuff.....OMG sounds like where i live
cheerfuldom 12:02 PM 08-23-2012
Originally Posted by Liliya:
People do not think,I came across this ad today.

"Position perfect for stay at home mom, college student or retiree. Needed somewhat experienced person for child care. Non smoker. I need a dependable person with their own transportation to watch my child in my home. Monday thru friday 715-230. A child or 2 would be welcome to come with the right candidate. Pay is $200 per month. I have 1 20 month old at home. Occasionally my 6yr old might be there according to her school schedule. References required. If this sounds like an opportunity you would be interested in please text 8653216324. The position is available on August 27th. I want this to be a long term position. "
thats hardly over a $1 an hour for potentially two kids and you have to drive there. depending on where you are coming from, you might use half your "earnings" per day just to get to the house!
Countrygal 12:54 PM 08-23-2012
Unfortunately, I see ads like this one on a regular basis around here. Wanted: care for a few hours for a few days. Willing to pay up to two or three an hour, you come to my house and watch all four of my kids. The sad part is that people probably do it........
Mommy2One 01:11 PM 08-23-2012
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:

Can't afford much but can afford a coach purse and other name brands!
I could be way off, but when I read this my interpretation was that the family used to have extra money but for some reason (maybe dad got laid off or the parents split) they no longer do, hence why she needs a sitter while she looks for a job. She could have bought the Coach purse and other name brands a year ago.
daycare 01:16 PM 08-23-2012
Originally Posted by Mommy2One:
I could be way off, but when I read this my interpretation was that the family used to have extra money but for some reason (maybe dad got laid off or the parents split) they no longer do, hence why she needs a sitter while she looks for a job. She could have bought the Coach purse and other name brands a year ago.
i was that single mom....married to a nice man with money and then left with nothing...

BUT I sold everything I had and paid for things
SunnyDay 04:06 PM 08-23-2012
I think I saw that one today but she was offering $2 per hour? Apparently no one was going for the purse?
momofsix 04:10 PM 08-23-2012
She had some "responses" to her add-people telling her it wasn't going to happen! Here is her response to them:

I do understand both sides as I have babysat for 8 years myself but recently got my CNA license and am trying to give my son everything he would ever need!!!! But these people saying they need at least minimum wage or we need to go to day care centers is ridicious!!!! My son is everything to me and I DO want the best care for him but in our budget we just can't afford to pay an arm and a leg. My husband and I both work for a little over minimum wage and can't possibly give our whole check over to a babysitter I'm sorry but babysitters u need to check yourselves first before saying anything! Most daycares aren't as flexible as we need that's another reason we can't do that! We both have jobs that requie us to work all shifts and weekends! So lower your standards and try to understand.
crazydaycarelady 04:19 PM 08-23-2012
Do you think she meant $200/week? Who in their right mind would work full-time for $200/month?
providerandmomof4 04:20 PM 08-23-2012
Wow....her response is incredible. "..you need to lower your standards." She acts as if someone owes her something. I think that lady needs to find a family member that would be willing to help her out. Just ridiculous...
DCMama 06:10 PM 08-23-2012
This lady sound so entitle and a little bit of a joke to be honest. I do not think it's a good deal to take care of 2 potential kids for a old coach bag that I can purchase at an outlet for a lower price and is brand new. This sound so silly.
Angelsj 07:30 PM 08-23-2012
Originally Posted by momofsix:
She had some "responses" to her add-people telling her it wasn't going to happen! Here is her response to them:

I do understand both sides as I have babysat for 8 years myself but recently got my CNA license and am trying to give my son everything he would ever need!!!! But these people saying they need at least minimum wage or we need to go to day care centers is ridicious!!!! My son is everything to me and I DO want the best care for him but in our budget we just can't afford to pay an arm and a leg. My husband and I both work for a little over minimum wage and can't possibly give our whole check over to a babysitter I'm sorry but babysitters u need to check yourselves first before saying anything! Most daycares aren't as flexible as we need that's another reason we can't do that! We both have jobs that requie us to work all shifts and weekends! So lower your standards and try to understand.

Really?
Lower your standards? Good grief.
Reply Up