Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Has Anyone Else Seen This.........
Unregistered 01:14 PM 01-13-2009
http://www.childcareratingz.com/index2.jsp

Since it is so easy for some parents to slander providers, i say providers need to make their own "rate your parents" site!!! Lets see how well it goes over when the provider talks out against the parent! I.E I have 2 daycare kids that come to me dirty, filty and i bet gets a bath maybe once a week. Or all the times parents "drop and dash" only to leave you changing the poopy diaper. I could go on and on. I'm not listed on the site but i sure think its a crock of crap!
NEDaycare 08:49 AM 01-15-2009
I had not seen this site. Interesting. Providers definitely need a site like this.
NEDaycare 08:52 AM 01-15-2009
.... I know there is a website out there called ProviderWatch that you can report unpaying parents to, etc. However, they are a subscription site and unless you pay you can only use their very basic features. I do submit people to this, but it doesnt do other providers much good because not a lot of providers know about it, and if they do know, they are like me and cant afford to subscribe to it. I dont net very much every week, so any add'l expense is difficult to budget! We need to develop a free site!
Unregistered 03:44 PM 01-15-2009
I did sign up for providerwatch. But for only the 9 $ monthly charge. Its a great site, but it does cost more for the whole shbang. I do screen my parents and children to make sure that they will "fit in" with the group(i only do small groups). I just think that providers need to know what kind of people are in and out of their Homes/Centers!
Unregistered 01:30 PM 04-14-2009
you forget that you are providing a service that we are paying for. as i right this i am annoyed to be having to figure out how to get off work to go pick up my child that is NOT sick but is teething and so therefore has had two bad diapers today........ typical, he has no fever the center told me he felt fine but has had two bad diapers.... this is his pattern, this is what he does when he teeths. you have a lot of bad parents? when we are paying 100s of dollars a month, close to a thousand in some states you can friggin deal with teething...........

just consider yourself lucky for being able to be at home
Former Teacher 04:06 PM 04-14-2009
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
you forget that you are providing a service that we are paying for. as i right this i am annoyed to be having to figure out how to get off work to go pick up my child that is NOT sick but is teething and so therefore has had two bad diapers today........ typical, he has no fever the center told me he felt fine but has had two bad diapers.... this is his pattern, this is what he does when he teeths. you have a lot of bad parents? when we are paying 100s of dollars a month, close to a thousand in some states you can friggin deal with teething...........

just consider yourself lucky for being able to be at home

It's funny how the posts that are from people who are rude or who need an attitude adjustment are the ones that are all unregistered. I think that this forum needs to go to a system so we know who it is making these comments.
lilbiddapopcorn 08:37 PM 04-14-2009
That was rude and disrespectful and unfortunately what providers are accustomed to hearing. Child care providers are giving up their "home" and turning their space into public domain to provide a very much needed service for working parents. I'm sorry you feel you had a bad experience in your childs daycare, but that doesn't mean you have to come onto this forum board and insult the providers on it. And I do think the original person posting had a point - we do have to deal with parents who don't pay on time, who don't call and don't show up, who take off and don't pay their final bill at all, who don't pick up their children when they're supposed to, and then of course, the ones who underappreciate the work we do. Providers are constantly being scrutinized and there are plenty of websites keeping an eye on providers. All she's saying is, with as many problem parents as we have to deal with, it would be nice to know what we're getting into before we get into it. And yes, it's a service that's being paid for, but you can't pay me enough to deal with people like you. No one is obligated to become a provider and care for your child, it's a business they choose to do because they enjoy it. They're looking out for the welfare of all the children, not just yours, and there are regulations that say if a child has diarrhea they can't be with the other children. Maybe it is normal for your child, but would you want them to risk it? What if it was another child in the daycare who's parent dropped them off with diarrhea, said it was normal, and then your child ended up sick? Would you be OK with that? I wouldn't be! So, you know, you had a bad day with your provider, I don't think you should've come here and thrown insults at everyone. I hope your provider is teaching your child that if they can't say anything nice they shouldn't say anything at all. And maybe mom should put on her big girl panties and take the same advice.
Unregistered 07:40 AM 04-15-2009
This type of site would be great. Just to check and find out if they've used the single mom with a new job excuse for a reason not to pay in advance and then off to con someone else after two weeks. Happened to me twice, because I'm a certified sucker, must be a vibe I put out. Also a heads up on certain behavior from the children, just in case you need to invest in some kevlar suits for the other kids in your care. Would have been great if I had known one little angle had been asked to leave 4 or 5 other centers for violent behavior before he threw the chair at me and spit himself dry spitting in my face.
I could see there being a lot of confidentiality problems though, and slanderous things being said, so I'm not sure how that could be policed.
If would also be a nice place to brag on parents too. I've got all sunshine and lollipops right now and I would love to let other providers know about it if for some god-awful reason my families had to find alternate care.
sweetcinna 11:47 AM 04-15-2009
I was the one that started this post. And I thank all you providers out there that support me on this issue. I have alot of years in this business and in that time i have been threatened, pushed, almost hit, ripped off, I have been turned into CPS (unfounded of course), and my children have had their toys stolen, destroyed. I have had parents show up to pick up their children drunk, and or high. I have been stuck right in the middle of not one but 3 sticky divorces, because they decided that they would use the children to hurt each other. oh i could go on and on........ And if i would have had a site or some way to warn other providers about these parents i would have!

Some would ask why i still do what i do...........because i love it and i love kids.

P.S. And yes if your child had 2 bad diapers at my daycare......he would have went home and yes you still would have paid!!!
sweetcinna 05:01 PM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by Former Teacher:
It's funny how the posts that are from people who are rude or who need an attitude adjustment are the ones that are all unregistered. I think that this forum needs to go to a system so we know who it is making these comments.
I second that motion!
Unregistered 10:08 AM 05-05-2009
A child with two bad diapers would most certainly go home if he were in my care! What kind of parent are you....REALLY!?!?!? You're child is at SOMEONE ELSE'S HOME....teething, pooping, probably crying because he/she is in PAIN. So you expect your provider to drop everyone else's children to coddle yours? IMPOSSIBLE. When a child is going through something whether it is teething or an illness, they need a parent. Not a substitute so that you can get your 60 hours a week in. And may I ask how you would feel if your child was not being paid attention to because someone else's child was not feeling well and hogging all the provider's attention!
JEESH
AmandasFCC 06:15 PM 08-18-2009
Originally Posted by unregistered:
a child with two bad diapers would most certainly go home if he were in my care! What kind of parent are you....really!?!?!? You're child is at someone else's home....teething, pooping, probably crying because he/she is in pain. So you expect your provider to drop everyone else's children to coddle yours? Impossible. When a child is going through something whether it is teething or an illness, they need a parent. Not a substitute so that you can get your 60 hours a week in. And may i ask how you would feel if your child was not being paid attention to because someone else's child was not feeling well and hogging all the provider's attention!
Jeesh
here here!!! Lol
Tags:rude parents, teething
Reply Up