Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Funny - but not so funny
fctjc1979 03:04 PM 04-29-2010
I told a family two weeks ago that I would no longer be watching their children after May 8th (for various reasons) and that they needed to start looking for other care. Today, when the mother came to pick up the kids, I asked her how the search was going. She looked at me kind of weird and said that she was waiting for me to give her the contact information for some other providers. I told her that I didn't have any information for other providers. She kind of had that "oh, um, well, ok" look on her face when she left. Like I said, funny - but not so funny.
jen 05:04 PM 04-29-2010
Seriously? Oh my...
Childminder 05:12 PM 04-29-2010
Oh dear, should you interview a new provider for them too?
fctjc1979 05:17 PM 04-29-2010
I probably should have figured this family out when they turned in their beginning paperwork. They turned in all the paperwork except for the child information sheets that asked for information about the kids' likes/dislikes, abilities, interests, and things they needed help with. When I asked if they were going to turn them in, the father just shrugged and said, "They're just normal kids." When I asked the mother, she said, "Oh, I didn't even know there was any paper work."
kitkat 06:22 PM 04-29-2010
All I can say is...WOW
Carole's Daycare 06:28 PM 04-29-2010
I'm so tired of stupid people. Aren't you?
fctjc1979 06:49 PM 04-29-2010
Unfortunately, I have gotten to the place where I just expect people to be stupid. That way, when they aren't, I get to be pleasantly surprised.
Carole's Daycare 06:59 PM 04-29-2010
That is, in a weird way, a kinda positive attitude/approach lol. I like it. Maybe I should just accept it that way too- though I guess then I have to consider that Ayn Rand's view that eventually there will not be enough hard working, intelligent people to support society is not only plausible, but well under way.
fctjc1979 07:18 PM 04-29-2010
The major down-side to this philosophy is that it makes driving pretty interesting. Since I don't trust that anyone around me is smart enough to breathe, let alone drive without hitting me, I get pretty paranoid when I'm driving. Actually, it's worse when I'm a passenger. LOL
Reply Up