Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>High Quality Toys
lil angels 09:52 AM 03-08-2012
I am just wondering if anyone has any of the angeles bikes. I have so many bikes outside and I'm getting sick of replacing them every year most of my outside toys stay outside yr round. I bought two plastic bikes that I paid about $60 for and they have wreathed well look almost new after 4 yrs. I need some that are alittle bigger though the ones I am looking at are around $120 each and I wish I knew if they would last or not.

also what are a few of your high dollar quality things that you really like? I have been doing this for 11 yrs now and most of my things for the kids were from garage sales and I would like to start replacing things with higher quality items that will last. Both for inside and out.
GoodKarma 11:35 AM 03-08-2012
I have never bought Angeles products, so I'm no help there.

I buy most of my toys from yard sales and Craigslist. I stick with the name brand toys like Little Tikes, Step2, Fisher Price, Playskool, etc., and they last forever! I stick with simple, sturdy toys. I also buy educational toys and art supplies from Discount School Supply.
saved4always 11:40 AM 03-08-2012
Originally Posted by GoodKarma:
I have never bought Angeles products, so I'm no help there.

I buy most of my toys from yard sales and Craigslist. I stick with the name brand toys like Little Tikes, Step2, Fisher Price, Playskool, etc., and they last forever! I stick with simple, sturdy toys. I also buy educational toys and art supplies from Discount School Supply.
I do most of mine from yard sales and stick to these brands, too. The do last forever!
youretooloud 11:42 AM 03-08-2012
I buy the $18 fisher Price trikes. They last about 5 years, but, we do put them away for summer, they are only outside from October-May.
lil angels 11:46 AM 03-08-2012
Yep I have a lot of that type of stuff for indoors to but the little tykes and fisher price bikes I pick up and yard sales or even buy new seem to only last about two summers. I hate thoughing that stuff out after that short of time.
itlw8 11:49 AM 03-08-2012
They are worth the money I bought 3 with a grant let see I think it was 1992 ??? and 2 are still working great. I got my moneys worth for sure.
Blackcat31 11:51 AM 03-08-2012
I finally got tired of replacing tricycles and cheap plastic ride-ons so I splurged and bought two of the really high quality rugged tricycles like the Angeles ones but they aren't that brand and I only paid $80 each for them.

I have to say they are well worth it and they do last. They are also good for the older kids and they have tires that need to have air added to them and are really knobby so they can easily ride off-road in the grass.

If you have the opportunity to get some, I would definitley do it as I have had my two tricycles now for about 3 years and they have held up wonderfully well.

Over the years I have spent three times what these two tricycles have cost me on cheap plastic ones so I think high quality is a wise way to go.
GrannyJ 12:23 PM 03-08-2012
When I worked at a center we had Angeles trikes. I loved them and they are worth the money. I worked there for five years and they were there long before I came and lasted long after!
They are very sturdy, I could ride them! The kids loved seeing me on them. lol
I wish I could afford them for my home day care, maybe someday when I get a full daycare.
lil angels 06:04 AM 03-09-2012
Love the responses. Thank you very much. For you guys that have the good Ike's are they outside or do you keep them in. Most of my outside stuff stays outside and I am wondering if they can keep up with all the weather.

Black cat do you know what brand yours are?
Blackcat31 06:08 AM 03-09-2012
I put mine away every evening in the garage. But not because I don't think they will be ok in the elements but because I am worried about them being stolen. For as much as they cost, I don't want to risk it.

Last year I had a little kids bicycle stolen out of our yard. My yard is fenced in and the bike was up against the house. It was one of those really little bikes with training wheels so I can't help but wonder what kind of a person steals something that obviously belongs to a child?! so now I put most of my toys away in the garage when I leave in the evening.
Tags:bikes, toy suggestions
Reply Up