Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Items in Welcome Folder/Packet
lost 08:12 PM 02-05-2014
What do you have in your welcome packet/folder??? I have 2 interviews tomorrow and another 1 on Friday. Right now I only have my Contract/Handbook (they are 1 in the same) and my business card. I want to add more to it since it seems a little boring right now. Really wanting to stick out but I'm stuck on what else to add.

I have used the search function by searching for welcome packet and welcome folder. I am coming up with every ad that includes those words....which are a LOT!!!
Josiegirl 03:08 AM 02-06-2014
I have a page telling a little about myself, my pets, why I'm doing what I'm doing. I have copied a few different articles from the internet, such as the Toddler Creed, why their kids will go home dirty, don't say they're just playing, those types of articles. I also include a sample of our menu.
Good luck!
blandino 05:21 AM 02-06-2014
I have PDFs of all my papers and email them prior to an interview, so they can be looked over. But my packet includes:

- policies/handbook
- references
- an "about our daycare" pages with what you can expect from our daycare - I'm not a sales pitchy person - but I do want them to know that we use mostly natural cleansers and that we send home a ton of pictures, etc.
- a deposit agreement, that reiterates that a spot is not held for you until you put down a deposit.
- contracted hours forms
crazydaycarelady 06:58 AM 02-06-2014
One thing I do when I give them the GIANT packet of paperwork is a I also give them a Paperwork Worksheet. It lists all of the papers and which one need to be returned to me/signed etc. and which ones they keep with a little checkmark spot next to it. Since I started doing this I rarely get the paperwork turned in with missing items.
Attached: Daycare paperwork worksheet.doc (910 Bytes) 
MarinaVanessa 07:06 AM 02-06-2014
I include a child care resume of my experience, training and education.

A Keep Me Home If sheet of symptoms when a child must stay home.

A welcome letter.

A letter with recommended strategy for seperation anxiety for the first few weeks.

All licensing forms.
AcornMama 07:09 AM 02-06-2014
Mine includes:
My policy handbook
All forms required by licensing
Privacy permission form (for photos), and I make sure and tell parents when I give them the big stack of forms that the privacy agreement is the only form not required by the state, but a personal choice of mine to require it. I just want them to know I'm not just making up a bunch of forms to throw at them.
A typical daily schedule
A sample weekly menu
A handout on the benefits of outdoor time for young children (since I market my program as nature-based, outdoor learning).
A business card
kelsey's kids 07:16 AM 02-06-2014
Would anybody be willing to share some of their handouts?
Blackcat31 07:44 AM 02-06-2014
Here is my check list of enrollment forms.

I place a check mark next to the ones I placed I their folders and they sign/date or fill out whatever ones require it, and return them to me.

I also include a welcome letter, my handbook, a couple business cards and an advertising window cling for them to place in their car windows.
missheather 10:37 AM 02-06-2014
Originally Posted by MV:
I include a child care resume of my experience, training and education.

&

A letter with recommended strategy for seperation anxiety for the first few weeks.
Both of these are great ideas! Is there anyway you would be willing to share your forms? Or even the template for the "resume"... that way you do not have to share your personal info?
missheather 10:38 AM 02-06-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I have copied a few different articles from the internet, such as the Toddler Creed, why their kids will go home dirty, don't say they're just playing, those types of articles. !
Great idea!
MarinaVanessa 11:40 AM 02-06-2014
Originally Posted by missheather:
Both of these are great ideas! Is there anyway you would be willing to share your forms? Or even the template for the "resume"... that way you do not have to share your personal info?
Sure, I don't mind sharing.

I can't upload the Word version of my resume but I saved it as a PDF and took out my personal info. If you want the Word Template I would have to email it to you.

#19 is my child care resume. This one says TRASH in the name only because I took out my personal info and it reminds me to delete it so I don't accidentally give this version to new clients lol.

#11 is my First Day Fears letter to new parents.
Attached: 19 Child Care Resume TRASH.pdf (886.6 KB) 11 First Day Fears.pdf (86.4 KB) 
missheather 12:42 PM 02-06-2014
Thank you SO much MV!!
Time to get started writing my own "Resume"
kelsey's kids 01:02 PM 02-06-2014
Mv I sent you a friend request can you please sned me an email of your paperwork it wont let me view the attachment
Blackcat31 01:03 PM 02-06-2014
Originally Posted by kelsey's kids:
Mv I sent you a friend request can you please sned me an email of your paperwork it wont let me view the attachment
Are you logged in when you click on her attachments?

Usually those members that log in and out with every post verses staying logged in have issues viewing attachments.

Do you log in WITH each post or at the top right of the forum page?
kelsey's kids 02:06 PM 02-06-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:432469:
Are you logged in when you click on her attachments?

Usually those members that log in and out with every post verses staying logged in have issues viewing attachments.

Do you log in WITH each post or at the top right of the forum page?
I never log out but I view everything on my phone or kindle because my computer is down right now
Blackcat31 02:33 PM 02-06-2014
I never log out but I view everything on my phone or kindle because my computer is down right now
Hmmm, I wonder if your phone or Kindle is using the "lite" version of this forum?

I *think* that some features won't work with the lite version...

Otherwise, I don't know why you wouldn't be able to view files.

I'm sorry I am no help/
kelsey's kids 02:58 PM 02-06-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:432515:
Hmmm, I wonder if your phone or Kindle is using the "lite" version of this forum?

I *think* that some features won't work with the lite version...

Otherwise, I don't know why you wouldn't be able to view files.

I'm sorry I am no help/
Thanks for trying
MarinaVanessa 03:28 PM 02-06-2014
Why do I not see your email?? Can you PM me your email and I'll email you the documents
kelsey's kids 03:29 PM 02-06-2014
Originally Posted by MV:432532:
Why do I not see your email?? Can you PM me your email and I'll email you the documents
I cabt send you an email unless you accept the friend request
Tags:contract - clear, enrollment forms, handbooks, paperwork
Reply Up