Licensing Standards for DayCare Centers
(1) The licensee shall provide a cheerful learning environment for the child
(2) The licensee shall maintain a safe and developmentally appropriate noise level,
without inhibiting normal ranges of expression by the child, so staff and child
can be clearly heard and understood in normal conversation.
- (a) Covering walls and ceilings with light or bright colors; and
- (b) Placing visually stimulating decorations, pictures, or other attractive
materials at appropriate heights for the child.
(3) The licensee shall locate light fixtures and provide lighting intensities
promoting good visibility and comfort for the child care.
(4) The licensee shall maintain the temperature within the center at:
(5) The licensee shall regulate the temperature and ventilate the center for the
health and comfort of the child in care.
- (a) Sixty-eight degrees Fahrenheit or more during the child's waking hours;
- (b) Sixty degrees Fahrenheit or more during the child's napping or sleeping
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.15.030. 90-23-078 (Order 3103), § 388-150-380,
filed 11/20/90, effective 12/21/90.]