Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parents and Guardians Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Reporting A Day Care In California (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332)

Unregistered 12-27-2007 06:27 AM

Reporting A Day Care In California

my neighbor runs a day care from her apartment. I've had neighbors do this before without any concerns arising. this particular care giver, however, is different. we live on the second floor and at least twice she has left her door open and as I walked out of my place there is a child crawling along the walkway unattended. I spoke to her but I happened again once more and my roommate claims it has happened with her as well. we just don't know who to contact regarding this and other situations. please help us find contact numbers for reporting this in california.

Michael 12-27-2007 09:44 AM

Where to Make a Complaint - Daycare Violations

Suggest you contact your state's licensing agency.

https://www.daycare.com/states.html
Child Care Licensing Agency
California Department of Social Services
Community Care Licensing Division
Child Care Licensing Program
744 P Street, Mail Stop 19-48
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 229-4500
Fax: (916)-229-4508

Unregistered 07-16-2008 12:51 PM

Daycare information

Where can I get information on a specific daycare? Such as....complaints made about them and things to that nature.

Unregistered 07-22-2008 07:05 PM

To call and make a report-most agencies will want documentation-start writing down dates, times, child age, who the provider is, do you see the provider, or even hear her, did you have to physcially pick a child up and remove them from danger-(IF SO CALL911)
If there is no immediate danger-document about 2 weeks worth-or more-and try to get "different" documentations-then call your local childcare licensing department at your county courthouse-they'll guide you-and you can do this w/o revealing yourself if you wish to do so-
GOOD LUCK

pingaa3 07-23-2008 06:01 PM

http://ccld.ca.gov/PG408.htm

this is the California complaint website

kymanne 07-24-2008 07:50 AM

take photos of the child. photo evedence is the most condeming. ring the police and tell them there is a child on the lose and just watch that the child is safe till they arive.

one day something is going to go very bad and then it will be to late so dont wait do it what ever it takes. if that was one of my kids i would want to know so i could find another carer.

Unregistered 04-02-2009 06:54 PM

Check your lease. I know in our lease it states that small businesses such as daycare blah blah..may not be run out of the apartment. If that's the case...you have more ammo!

lilbiddapopcorn 04-03-2009 04:30 AM

Can't do that...

Actually an owner cant tell you you can't run an in-home daycare in California and they can't evict you for it either. You can run a small in-home daycare and all you have to do is notify them that you're doing it. They cannot legally do anything about it, and it's illegal for them to harass or threaten you for it. Now to do a large in-home daycare, you have to have their permission, but someone living in an apartment is probably not likely to have the space required to be approved for a large in-home license anyway.

aldrich 04-04-2009 04:10 AM

It's their responsibility to take care of the children and those who doesn't care should be alleged. You could complain to the child protection cell or complaining agency.

Unregistered 09-15-2011 04:12 PM

Illegal daycare center

Who is going to do something about the illegal daycare centers, not paying taxes and local permits. the newest one is at *** freeway drive in napa california 94558. too many children for just one person to watch, traffic at all hours of the day.

sharlan 09-15-2011 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Who is going to do something about the illegal daycare centers, not paying taxes and local permits. the newest one is at *** freeway drive in napa california 94558. too many children for just one person to watch, traffic at all hours of the day.

If you have legitimate concerns about a daycare, call the number that Michael posted, don't whine about it.

Cat Herder 09-16-2011 07:56 AM

You. :Sunny:

Make the call.

Unregistered 04-30-2012 02:26 PM

unsafe childcare

I have watched as infants roll down the back stairs at ***X child care in ***X.
It's sad to hear the caregiver laugh when it happens. Parents need to know who they are leaving their kids with.

sharlan 04-30-2012 04:54 PM

I have watched as infants roll down the back stairs at ***X child care in ***XX.
It's sad to hear the caregiver laugh when it happens. Parents need to know who they are leaving their kids with.

You need to report it to CPS.