View Single Post
SSWonders 08:16 AM 11-25-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
How about if your kids only go part time and never on Monday. Why would a daycare charge for a Monday. My week at the daycare is Tuesday thru Friday. I don't see why should pay for Mondays over and over again that she is taking off.
IF you have a contract for the four days your, and if the holiday falls on a day of the week that is not one of your contracted days, then I as a provider would not charge for it. That would be charging you for a 5 day week when you are contracted for four. I don't think it's fair to charge for a day a child is not regularly scheduled for. I take it one step further here. If I have a part time child that is scheduled to be here when a closed holiday occurs, I give them the option of coming on another day instead, as long as I have room. I get the day off and my income is still the same so my budget isn't affected.

I think I will change my contract just to eliminate any confusion that says a holiday is paid if the child is usually contracted to attend on that day. That's just how I do it.

Each provider is different. It's the contract that matters. What you signed and agreed to in your contract is what you are responsible for. If it wasn't in the contract, then there is a legitimate issue.