View Single Post
Unregistered 07:59 PM 06-13-2011
But I do support coming to a totally agreed upon arrangement prior to accepting care.

I know a lot of providers charge every week of the year and close, but usually they do make this very clear up front. In a lot of states right now, any family seeking assistance is required to place their children in care - one in four American children are in this situation. The additional charges come out of the small amount of assistance those families receive, including overages - or charges that are more than the state average charge. I could not afford to have my child in a home daycare on childcare assistance. I think that option is for large families who have a provider who needs the money but would be caring for their children anyway and for rich families who want socialization or are home days and want their kids to have a place to go. I think it is pretty clear that a lot of providers here do do this job as a way of being able to provide care for their own children. It is also true that this is a pretty small, tightly knit group and does not represent a vast majority of providers.

If the vacation charge is not discussed and you do not have a signed contract that spells it out, you do not have to pay - but - be prepared to find a new provider if you balk at any charge.