View Single Post
daycare 02:56 PM 06-13-2011
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
I have 5 paid days I use through out the year, for illness, dr appts etc. I don't use it for vacation. I offer my parents one full week of vacation time. Must have 2 weeks notice and be taken all at one time.

About this quote, the type of small business owners, such as you are refering to, have a store front, they don't operate from the home. I'm sorry, But I wouldn't want anyone, but my family to have total free access to my home for a week, while I was gone. Also way to much liability of things can happen when kids are involved for such a long period.
In my state I could not hire someone and leave my house for more than 20% of the time that I operate.... So this would not even be possible...

Bottom line, unless you have done daycare yourself, you wont understand the importance of a provider having off some family time or time to them self. You may not see us as teachers, but we are. Teachers get 3 months off over the summer to regroup and have time to spend with their families. We don't get this and we know this going into it, so I don't think its too much to ask to take off a few days a year....paid or unpaid.......