View Single Post
littlemissmuffet 04:13 PM 06-13-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
No, of course children aren't bread and milk. The point I was trying to make is that all of you like to refer to yourselves as business owners/being self-employed. Yet many self-employed people do not get vacations. Heck, many who are employed by others don't get vacation. Yet daycare providers are entitled to it because they work so much harder than everyone else. Whatever. Same attitude, different day.
Ok, maybe many self-employed people don't get vacations, maybe even some who are employed by others don't either - but some of us do, and yeah, I do think we are ENTITLED to it. Get over it. If you don't like it, then don't go to a home daycare - it's so simple.
I work 60 hours a week - I eat breakfast early in the morning before my dck's arrive and I eat supper very late at night after my dck's are gone home and after I have all my paperwork, house keeping and prep done for the next day... I don't get any meal breaks, as a matter of fact I get NO breaks during the day - I am still working when my dck's are napping... would you expect a meal break or coffee break in an 11 hour work day? Of course you would. Many of us forfeit that. I'm not about to give up my days off as well

I charge my clients $600/month - that's about $27.25 a day. If I close an average of 25 days/year that's about $682. The average daycare in my city, home or center charges $700/month. That's $1,000 more than I charge... so actually, my parents are saving $318.00 a year by going with me - and get much higher quality of care
And like I said, my parents don't NEED to pay another provider when I close... they take their vacation days when I take mine. This is all discussed in their interview... and all of my interviews have resulted in enrolments - imagine that!