View Single Post
Meyou 09:04 AM 04-30-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
One of the earlier posters stated to think about it that we as parents get paid by our employers for vacation so providers should be afforded the same benefit. Here is the difference. Providers are not our employees or employers. I have read countless times on this board that childcare providers are their own boss. They are a service provider. When my maid, landscaper, dog walker or hairdresser go on vacation I don't pay them their normal fees for the week. I either skip that service for the week or I use someone else and pay them their fee.
With most child care providers you are signing a contract agreeing to their terms. Once you sign you lose your right to complain about the content of the contract. Read carefully and don't sign if you don't like what you're reading. If you don't want to pay for vacation then use a provider, dog walker, maid or landscaper with those terms.

On a side note...someone with a landscaper, dog walker and maid can probably afford to pay their babysitter for her vacation.