View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 01:48 PM 03-01-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
The thread may be old but the members are responding to an unregistered poster who made comments yesterday.

The topic of paid time off and provider "perks" will always be a relevent topic and one that will never be agreed upon by both sides of the argument.
Exactly, and even though I myself don't charge my clients when I close due to illness, vacation, or personal days even then I still believe that this should be a choice that each provider should be able to make for themselves. Child care options and programs are so different that any client should be able to find an option that they are comfortable with.

I like to compare daycare shopping to home shopping. What you look for a home to purchase you start off with a list of wants and needs and have an idea of what your budget looks like and as you go visit each house you get a feel of whether your list is realistic for your budget or not. You may find out that you might have to sacrifice some if the "wants" on your list in order to find something that's more realistic to your budget or might even want to go ahead and spend a little more to get that perfect dream home that you fall in love with.