View Single Post
Unregistered 04:37 PM 11-26-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
The difference is that when most small business owners go on vacation, they don't just close down. They hire people to keep it open. They don't expect you to pay for your bread and milk anyway even though you don't get it and have to go buy it somewhere else, too.
You mean they have to pay SOMEONE ELSE? So they had an EXTRA expense just to get a break.

Go figure. And the selfishness of people rear it's ugly head again! Same with Thanksgiving. People are SO SELFISH they EXPECT stores to be OPEN and SCREW people's families because hey, THESE PEOPLE want to do what they want to do and if they're not able to do so, they cry and whine. Meanwhile people who make crap pay at walmart or wherever, are FORCED to go into work, missing valuable time with families.

People's expectations/priorities are WAY off these days. SELFISH is what I call a parent who is UNWILLING to provide a paid vacation. We providers have your kids LIVES in our hands, but we are undeserving? Because it INCONVENIENCS you because you have to pay a backup? I call HOGWASH on that anyway. I HAD a backup *I* paid and PROVIDED (when I went on vacation) and parents would NOT use the backup (certified, fingerprinted, SAFE, and she helped sub when I had 1/2 day appts with doctors or my kids or I got sick), rather paid someone else, then WHINED about having to do so! Um, NO, there ARE always other options! But sometimes parents are TOO STUPID to take them. And just because SOME jobs do not come with a "vacation package" does not mean that parents work 24/7. They DO get some sort of time off that they COULD be spending with their child. They choose not to because after all, "If I don't get to, NO ONE GETS TO" is the mentality. Never mind that rearing children FOR YOU is incredibly difficult. You could choose other daycare if you don't like the contract. You could choose another job too, just like providers can. The providers, though, choose their time off and YOU EITHER SIGN OR DON'T SIGN in agreement. If you signed, then you have to be quiet! You agreed at that signing at that interview before you ever brought your child. Do not sign up if you do not agree and this wouldn't even be a question. Once again, people not really paying attention to what they are doing or signing up not knowing the terms or not caring...just proves once again, that people are ridiculous.

See, everyone wants dcproviders to work their tails off, hardly ANY pay, NO time off, but as long as YOU GET WHAT YOU WANT and your kid has a place to go, hey, that's ALL that matters and in spite of your signing a contract, you want providers to bend over for you and break the rules YOU agreed to. Nope.

This is TRULY a thankless job and I'm so glad I left. I miss the kids, but sure as heck DO NOT miss the parents and their horrifically selfish and rude behaviors.