View Single Post
Former Teacher 07:04 AM 04-15-2012
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
Former_Teacher, I hadn't heard this (I'm in Texas too). Until recently, I had a child here for 12.5 hours a day, 3 days a week. Her mom's job required four 12 hour shifts a week-well, three 12 and one 8 hour shift. I have another who is trying to get a new job which has the same hours. How are they suppose to find day care if it isn't legal to care for a child mover 12 hours. I must be missing something.
Originally Posted by small_steps:
Former Teacher..I too am in texas..where have you found this rule? I know that Texas used to have in minimum standards that a child couldn't be in care for over 10 hours, however I have noticed that has been removed. I knew about the teachers working only 10 hours but if I'm not mistaken, they have no rules any longer on how long the children are actually in care, although I wish they would bring that back.
Originally Posted by small_steps:
I don't think you're missing it..I think they have changed this. We searched and searched for this a couple of years ago in minimum standards until I finally emailed my licensor and she said that was no longer in effect.
Ok thanks Ladies...I thought I was going crazy . I, too, tried to find it and I couldn't. The only thing I found was the standard stating about nighttime care stating a child can't be in care for more than 16 hours in a 24 hour period. That standard is 746.3203 page 103

It's been 3 years since I worked with licensing and apparently from what I read on here and the MS book, they kept the stupid stuff and got rid of the important, IE hours in care.