View Single Post
blandino 10:18 PM 11-25-2013
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
I say kudos to anyone that can get vacation or sick pay from their daycare parents, however it's not really fair to say that if an employer pays you holiday or vacation pay then it's to be expected that your daycare provider should get same. Your employer does not pay someone else to do your job if you're off for a week, therefore it is not costing your employer double the wage if an employee is off. There is no way in my area that if someone pays me $150 a week and I'm off for a week for them to pay $300 in daycare costs for that week. That does not fly here at all. People cannot afford that here. Again, if that's what you do, then good for you, that's great really! My point is when it's compared to employers and employees it's not comparing apples to apples.
Yes, but parents don't HAVE to pay someone else. They could take the time off themselves, provided they get paid vacation. Or Mom and Dad could each take 2 days off.

I take the week off, and NOT ONE of my 14 families pays for someone else to watch their children. They either have the time off, use vacation/personal time, or have family watch the child. I take mine the week between Christmas and New Years (20-2 this year), and most of my parents aren't working on those days.