Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Kind Of Lotion To You Use?
Country Kids 08:40 AM 04-30-2012
We have dramatically stepped up the handwashing thing, not that we weren't doing it before but I'm trying to be very consious of doing it even more. I plan on me/my family/daycare being 100% illness free from now on. If this doesn't help I don't know what will!

Anyway, anytime I wash my hands now, they instantly turn red and burn! Even washing dishes at night is becoming torture because they hurt so bad. I keep a bottle of lotion right by desk but it even hurts to put on.

Just wondering what kind every one uses. When I go to the store next I want to pick some up but hopefully it will work.

A friend of mine had the same thing happen and her doctor actually told her to quit washing her hands so much. Told her to not even wash her hands ever time she went to the bathroom because it wasn't needed!

Hand santitizer didn't even do this to my hands when I used to use that alot and you think it would because of all the alcohol in it!
godiva83 08:43 AM 04-30-2012
My hands ecspecially in winter months can get awfully chapped awfully fast with all the hand washing, you washing, dishes ect.

I use Aveeno daily hand lotion, glycomed - in the white and green container,
At night time before bed I use olive oil sometimes too

Oh and my favorite is 'Hope' by philosophy
Meeko 09:04 AM 04-30-2012
Gold Bond Ultimate Healing.

I have tried everything else and this stuff is pure magic.
Kiki 09:06 AM 04-30-2012
Gold Bond is good, so is the new Carmex lotion, they have a repairing lotion, and a daily use lotion. The only downside to the Carmex one is that it smells just like the lip balm, so it seems like you are putting lip balm all over yourself instead of lotion haha.
sharlan 09:40 AM 04-30-2012
Gold Bond ultra healing
VTMom 09:50 AM 04-30-2012
I use Lubriderm advanced therapy "deeply hydrates extra-dry skin". It's white with rose colored writing. I find this works pretty good during the day after washing and it doesn't leave me hands greasy. I save the super heavy lotion (burts bees hand repair) for night.
Reply Up