Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Should I Call? Cert Mail and Terming
daycare 04:09 PM 06-01-2012
I have a family that owes money. I have made several calls to the family. leaving voice mail messages informing them of their late bill. I have yet to communicate with anyone other than a few text messages they sent of false promises to make payment.

I sent an email this morning informing them that if the payment is not made by 6:00pm Monday, I am terminating services immediately. the child is not due back until Tuesday.

My question is, is that I wanted to send a copy of the letter that I emailed via certified mail, however, can't until daycare is over. Which means that the family will not get it until they get off of work on Monday around 6:00pm.

What would you do in this case? Should I call and ask for payment one more time before then, or should I not call and see what happens....I do plan to term for sure if the request of payment is not received by the date requested.

I have this family on a short term contract, so this is why I let the account go like this.
sharlan 04:27 PM 06-01-2012
Send them a text telling them to check their e-mail. That way you have proof that you notified them. Tomorrow go to the post office and send it out cert so that you have a back up copy.
daycare 04:35 PM 06-01-2012
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Send them a text telling them to check their e-mail. That way you have proof that you notified them. Tomorrow go to the post office and send it out cert so that you have a back up copy.
awesome Idea.....thanks so much I will do that... Ugh lol

have a great weekend..............
wdmmom 05:01 PM 06-01-2012
I would do what previous poster suggested. If payment still isn't received by 6pm Monday, I would send termination papers certified and state it is for non payment. With it tell them they have so many days to pay the past due fees, the late fee and the termination fee or you will pursue small claims court and/or collections where they will be responsible for any and all charges correlated with such services.
daycare 05:21 PM 06-01-2012
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
I would do what previous poster suggested. If payment still isn't received by 6pm Monday, I would send termination papers certified and state it is for non payment. With it tell them they have so many days to pay the past due fees, the late fee and the termination fee or you will pursue small claims court and/or collections where they will be responsible for any and all charges correlated with such services.
honestly, I could not care less about this amount of money and it would be more of a headache to go after it than anything. I am one who has no issues with just letting go. No amount of money will hold me back from anything... If it were for more money, then I would put the time and energy into taking them to small claims....
Tags:certified letter, money owed
Reply Up