Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What a Bummer!!!
wdmmom 02:00 PM 04-30-2012
I met with a potential client last October. She was due with her baby girl in February. She loved my daycare and wanted to come here but I didn't have any openings. I had an opening come available back in February figuring if she were interested, I'd hold the spot until early April when she needed it.

I haven't heard from this woman since December. I told her I would put her on my waiting list and I would contact her with any openings. Given that I contacted her in February and didn't hear back, I filled the spot. I started advertising for a new opening I will have in July a couple weeks ago. Met with a really nice family last Thursday. They emailed me Friday and said they wanted the spot. I've emailed them back and stated what the next steps are but haven't heard anything.

Today...out of the wild blue...she emails me telling me she found a daycare for her baby but isn't happy with the provider's brut 2 year old because he likes to hit and the location really isn't most ideal. She wanted to know if I still had the opening for July. I do...only because I haven't secured the deposit but the family I met with yet but it hasn't even been 8 hours since I emailed them telling them I would love to work for their family.

I'm bummed because had this other mom contacted me yesterday, I could have took on a new little girl in a couple months.
littlemissmuffet 05:11 PM 04-30-2012
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
I met with a potential client last October. She was due with her baby girl in February. She loved my daycare and wanted to come here but I didn't have any openings. I had an opening come available back in February figuring if she were interested, I'd hold the spot until early April when she needed it.

I haven't heard from this woman since December. I told her I would put her on my waiting list and I would contact her with any openings. Given that I contacted her in February and didn't hear back, I filled the spot. I started advertising for a new opening I will have in July a couple weeks ago. Met with a really nice family last Thursday. They emailed me Friday and said they wanted the spot. I've emailed them back and stated what the next steps are but haven't heard anything.

Today...out of the wild blue...she emails me telling me she found a daycare for her baby but isn't happy with the provider's brut 2 year old because he likes to hit and the location really isn't most ideal. She wanted to know if I still had the opening for July. I do...only because I haven't secured the deposit but the family I met with yet but it hasn't even been 8 hours since I emailed them telling them I would love to work for their family.

I'm bummed because had this other mom contacted me yesterday, I could have took on a new little girl in a couple months.
I wouldn't feel bad. You contacted her in February and she completely ignored you. Now that she's in a bind she wants you? No thanks! She should have at least taken the time to respond to you in February.
WImom 04:37 AM 05-01-2012
That sucks but maybe a blessing.

I had a future client that insisted she come for interview even though her child wasn't two yet after seeing my website. Loved my place and wanted to be on the wait list for a future opening. Hated her current place, has looked tons of places, etc. Would call me every few months to see if there was an opening. I did end up having an opening about 6 months later and I contact her and then she said yes but then ended up wanting to wait until I had another opening. Needless to say when I have openings again if she contacts me I will be saying no thank you.Too wishy washy for me. I'd hate to pass up on someone and then she flake out again. Which sounds like it could happen like that with you.

Hopefully the other new family emails you back.
Reply Up