Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Is a More Pro. Way to Say "Full Time Trumps"
lovemydaycare0912 10:07 AM 04-28-2016
What is a more professional way to say "Full-time trumps part-time?"

-supercedes?
-part-time slot is not guaranteed?

I am rewriting my handbook and adding this in. I want to let parents know that a family needing full time care has priority over the slot rather than a part time family. I would also offer the part-time family the slot first, but only if it fits what I am looking for. For ex; if I'd rather let that family go for whatever reasons, I want that clause in there to save me.

I don't have any part-time families at the moment, but figured it'd be nice to add this in for the future. Thanks in advance.
childcaremom 10:13 AM 04-28-2016
Because I am limited in the number and ages of children I may have in care on a daily basis, I reserve the right to terminate a part-time child care arrangement if your current hours no longer work for the benefit of my business. For example, but not limited to, if I cannot fill in days/times opposite of yours and/or I have the opportunity to fill the space with a full-time child. If possible and this situation occurs, I will give you the opportunity to change your enrollment hours to something that would work well for my business before terminating our agreement.

This is in my handbook.

I will add that I always explain to part time families that while I will be advertising for a child to fill the opposite slots, that if full timer comes along first, they may be bumped.
lovemydaycare0912 10:28 AM 04-28-2016
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
Because I am limited in the number and ages of children I may have in care on a daily basis, I reserve the right to terminate a part-time child care arrangement if your current hours no longer work for the benefit of my business. For example, but not limited to, if I cannot fill in days/times opposite of yours and/or I have the opportunity to fill the space with a full-time child. If possible and this situation occurs, I will give you the opportunity to change your enrollment hours to something that would work well for my business before terminating our agreement.

This is in my handbook.

I will add that I always explain to part time families that while I will be advertising for a child to fill the opposite slots, that if full timer comes along first, they may be bumped.
Thank you!
Blackcat31 10:30 AM 04-28-2016
Mine says:

"Business-wise, it is my goal to have as many of my spaces as possible filled with full time children however, every effort will be made to accommodate part-time and/or drop-in children.

Unfortunately since space is limited, having a reliable back up provider or alternate care arrangements is required for any family not enrolled full time."

....and then I just go over this with families during the interview so they know full time trumps part time.
Mike 04:34 PM 04-28-2016
Originally Posted by childcaremom:

This is in my handbook.

My handbook has a simpler version. I like this better.
yodaone 09:11 PM 04-28-2016
This is what I have in my handbook. I also make it very clear to my families during the interview process that I will accept drop-in/part time families until a full time family needs that space.

We offer drop-in care for families until we reach full capacity for full-time care. Priority will be given to current families. When there is a full time opening our current families will have the opportunity to take that opening first. For example, a family that attends 3 days per week would be offered the full time spot before that spot would be given to a new family. As a program, it’s most beneficial to have the children full-time to get the full experience.
AmyKidsCo 08:23 PM 05-04-2016
Ditto "priority".

My handbook says "Full time schedules have priority over part time schedules..."
Tags:full time vs part time, handbook
Reply Up