Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Know What Kind of Dog This Is?!?!
cillybean83 08:39 PM 01-21-2011
this dog *literally* jumped into my lap when I got home from the store tonight. She's skinny, hungry, no tags, and adorable. I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow to check for a microchip, and i want to put an ad on craigslist but i would like to know her breed so i can ask people to describe her when they call, I don't want to give her to just anyone!!!

What do you think?
Attached: 094.jpg (55.3 KB) 
sahm2three 08:44 PM 01-21-2011
Originally Posted by cillybean83:
this dog *literally* jumped into my lap when I got home from the store tonight. She's skinny, hungry, no tags, and adorable. I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow to check for a microchip, and i want to put an ad on craigslist but i would like to know her breed so i can ask people to describe her when they call, I don't want to give her to just anyone!!!

What do you think?
Awwww! She reminds me a lot of our old dog. She was a ****zu and Jack Russell terrier. We miss her so much! Cute!
SilverSabre25 09:38 PM 01-21-2011
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
Awwww! She reminds me a lot of our old dog. She was a ****zu and Jack Russell terrier. We miss her so much! Cute!
I'm amused that got bleeped out, lol. It's spelled "shih-tzu" though. That is a very cute pooch. Are you going to keep her if she doesn't get claimed?
Abigail 11:01 PM 01-21-2011
the **** gave me a good laugh!
MG&Lsmom 06:09 AM 01-22-2011
some sort of terrier. poor thing. I hope the vet can help you!
lvt77 07:06 AM 01-22-2011
Originally Posted by MG&Lsmom:
some sort of terrier. poor thing. I hope the vet can help you!
ditto I say some breed of terrier......maybe a mix....cute lil guy...or gal..
KEG123 07:10 AM 01-22-2011
Terrier, for sure. He's pretty cute though, in a scraggly sort of way!
cillybean83 07:39 AM 01-22-2011
I just got back from the vet, she is a 18 months old judging by her teeth, and she's a terrier mix. The vet said that anyone who would let their dog loose in this weather (snow and ice) is a jerk and that I should keep her lol...I was like "but what if she just got out?!" and he said she's 3-4 pounds underweight (she is really, really skinny) and that means either she's been out a while, or was mistreated at home and wouldn't want to go back.

We're going to keep her since we have to rehome our feist, she has started to resent the daycare kids and shows teeth anytime she sees a baby toy (playpen, bouncer, anything) and I can't have that in my house so she needs a childless family.
MN Mom 08:49 AM 01-22-2011
Awww! She is so cute!

Reminds me of a stray I found when I was a child. My parents took pictures of us sleeping together on our sun porch. We found she wasn't really a stray, but a uncared for pet who was frequently chained up in her backyard a couple blocks away. She was great at escaping and finding me so we could play and cuddle.

Glad she is in a good home. I'm a sucker for strays (animals or kids, lol).

What are you going to name her???
jenh171 08:59 AM 01-22-2011
she's a cutie & it's so sweet of you to help her out. i was wondering, though, are you attempting to find her owner? i am just thinking of how many times my dog has gotten out when we've inadvertently left the gate open. believe me, i'm a HUGE animal lover and it's wonderful to think of her finding a loving home, but i'm not so sure her being underweight necessarily means she was in an abusive home. my cat is very underweight...it's just because she is a very light eater. and like you said, perhaps he was roaming around for a few days. i would think that in the very cold weather, and animal could lose 3 pounds rather quickly. at any rate...she is an aboslute doll and i hope she finds her forever home...whether with her original owners or with you!
momatheart 10:30 AM 01-22-2011
Originally Posted by cillybean83:
I just got back from the vet, she is a 18 months old judging by her teeth, and she's a terrier mix. The vet said that anyone who would let their dog loose in this weather (snow and ice) is a jerk and that I should keep her lol...I was like "but what if she just got out?!" and he said she's 3-4 pounds underweight (she is really, really skinny) and that means either she's been out a while, or was mistreated at home and wouldn't want to go back.

We're going to keep her since we have to rehome our feist, she has started to resent the daycare kids and shows teeth anytime she sees a baby toy (playpen, bouncer, anything) and I can't have that in my house so she needs a childless family.
maybe kids were allowed to abuse her and she is feeling threatened. None the less you can't take chances with daycare kids in your home. Poor thing. I hope she finds a home.
WImom 10:46 AM 01-22-2011
Sorry you have to rehome your other dog but congrats on the new one.
QualiTcare 10:52 AM 01-22-2011
Originally Posted by jenh171:
she's a cutie & it's so sweet of you to help her out. i was wondering, though, are you attempting to find her owner? i am just thinking of how many times my dog has gotten out when we've inadvertently left the gate open. believe me, i'm a HUGE animal lover and it's wonderful to think of her finding a loving home, but i'm not so sure her being underweight necessarily means she was in an abusive home. my cat is very underweight...it's just because she is a very light eater. and like you said, perhaps he was roaming around for a few days. i would think that in the very cold weather, and animal could lose 3 pounds rather quickly. at any rate...she is an aboslute doll and i hope she finds her forever home...whether with her original owners or with you!
this is true - who knows? maybe someone adopted her from a shelter and she was underweight and got loose. i would definitely check with all the shelters since when people lose a pet they usually call shelters to verify they haven't been picked up by animal control. my grandmother had a dog for years and years and i can remember at least twice he got loose and animal control picked him up which is how she got him back. there could be some kid or elderly person who really wants their puppy back - or not.
cillybean83 02:15 PM 01-22-2011
we put an ad on craigslist and we're going to put an ad in our local paper...so if she has a family I hope they find her

We're going to name her Marley if we keep her
Tags:dogs
Reply Up