Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Child Falls and Gets Hurt :(
jenny31052 04:11 PM 10-26-2011
I have this 11 months old girls that just started to walk, less than a month ago, yesterday she fell while pushing a toy, and scratched her chin, today she tripped over a ball and crashed head first into the entertainment center. No cuts, this time but 2 bruises, one on the forhead, and the other on her chin. Most likely will turn blue

I didn't call the parents since she was fine, and kept on playing as usual. I told Dad tonight, and he didn't seem upset or anything, but I still feel bad... but I think that doesn't matter how hard I watch them, sometimes we can't avoid kids getting hurt...

Not a good day today...
awestbrook713 04:19 PM 10-26-2011
I am sorry you have had to deal with this. New walkers are hard to keep from getting hurt, they are into everything since they like to explore. All you can do is be honest with the parents and no that you are watching the kids the best you can.

I have a dancing skeleton on my kitchen table and moved it to the counter so the kids could color and put the crayons in the middle of the table. When they were done I was picking up and went to put the skeleton back, I picked it up and turned around not knowing one of my dcg's was standing right on my heals needless to say I bopped her right on the nose and felt so bad. It doesn't matter how innocent it was you feel guilty and worry what the parents are gonna say but honesty is the best policy.
dave4him 07:03 PM 10-26-2011
I couldnt count the number of times my little one falls over and bumps into something or over something.... and somehow its often right ontop of his little sister too...
Christian Mother 07:22 PM 10-26-2011
All my little's came to me just before they could walked...and every one of them had some minor accident. My first who I had since he was 3mos was walking over to our little black table by the couch and tripped over his feet and bumped his mouth on it. So much blood...ended up cutting that part that connects to the gum on top. I normally don't get squeamish with blood but if it's a childs I'm can't handle it. Poor guy cried some but I was in tears with him bc he got hurt...I called the mom right away and let her know and she was totally fine she mad me feel so much better with her trust in me. Then with my 2nd little guy...he just turned a yr old and started running in the hallway...mind you he was still learning to walk so he tripped on his feet and feel right on his face. Busted his lip open. I felt awful for him and texted Dad to let him know and they where wonderful also. I also had one little guy who is my little dare devil who decided he would try surfing on my sons skateboard and went face first into the concert. Mind you I was right next to him telling him to get off and the next thing that happens...he's busted his lip. This happens just before mom comes to pick him up. Never fails my little dare devil always gets hurt the moment dad or mom comes to pick up... Usually it's when he's running to give them a hug and trips on his crocks. Hate those things!
Tags:injury, learning to walk
Reply Up