Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Monthly Themes.
Angelwings36 06:14 AM 02-22-2011
I'm looking for some different theme ideas for the months of June - September. Any ideas?
countrymom 06:17 AM 02-22-2011
in the summer we really don't do themes because we spend so much time outside (to make up for the freezing winters) that we don't have time for themes. One of the things is going to be garndening, I will no matter what put in that garden that I've been telling the kids I was going to do 3 yrs ago.
WImom 06:59 AM 02-22-2011
bubbles
summer foods (watermelon, etc)
water fun
beach
camping
picnics
DEBBIES DAYCARE 07:30 AM 02-22-2011
Originally Posted by Angelwings36:
I'm looking for some different theme ideas for the months of June - September. Any ideas?
I do a patriotic theme in the early summer. I have the kids glue stars and stripes on paper for flags, ice cream stick for the pole, we learn some songs like yankee doodle dandy and grand ol' flag. We parade around with our flags and sing our songs, even outside.
I am an avid gardener, and I have each child (2 and up) plant a tomato plant. Every day we water it and weed it. They bring their fresh tomatoes home and the parents go crazy over it. Same thing with sunflowers, then we use the seeds for fall bird feeder projects.
I make a fishing pond out of a small wading pool in the house or outside, fishing poles with sticks and string and magnets. Have each child make a fish out of construction paper, cut it out and glue a paper clip on it. Throw it in the pool and go fishing.
to name a few
SilverSabre25 08:08 AM 02-22-2011
Originally Posted by DEBBIES DAYCARE:
I do a patriotic theme in the early summer. I have the kids glue stars and stripes on paper for flags, ice cream stick for the pole, we learn some songs like yankee doodle dandy and grand ol' flag. We parade around with our flags and sing our songs, even outside.
I am an avid gardener, and I have each child (2 and up) plant a tomato plant. Every day we water it and weed it. They bring their fresh tomatoes home and the parents go crazy over it. Same thing with sunflowers, then we use the seeds for fall bird feeder projects.
I make a fishing pond out of a small wading pool in the house or outside, fishing poles with sticks and string and magnets. Have each child make a fish out of construction paper, cut it out and glue a paper clip on it. Throw it in the pool and go fishing.
to name a few
bolding mine

That is an AWESOME idea and I am SO going to steal it!
kendallina 08:24 AM 02-22-2011
Here's some of the things that we might hit on this summer...

Bugs and Critters
Flowers and gardening
Making music
All about America
Dino Days
Lil' Chefs
Island Luau
Wild wild west
Under the Sea
Camping
The sun and sky
Under the Big Top
Mysteries of the Forest
ammama 09:13 AM 02-22-2011
Last summer I had DH help us build a tee-pee style lean to, and we did a lot of 'camping'. There are so many extension activities/songs/crafts to do on an outdoor camping theme, and lots of inside stuff to for days when it's too hot/pouring rain.

The kids loved the tee-pee, but it really wasn't big enough for me to get in too. This year, i'd like to do it yurt style, but i'm not sure yet how to do that. If all else fails, i'll just set our old tent up
Tags:themes
Reply Up