Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Regulations on Kinds of Questions & How Often We Ask for Advice
irishrose 04:46 PM 07-28-2015
Hi All!

I joined this forum back in February of '15 I believe and I have loved it so much! Mostly, because I know there are others out there who experience and deal with many of the same issues that I do. It's as if I have a world of friends, whom I've never met - all willing to help and offer advice! I can't tell you all how much I appreciate you - thank you!

I've already posted two questions so far on this Home Daycare forum and I was wondering if there are any regulations as far as how many questions we can ask. As I was typing in a discussion I posted this morning, another question came to mind and I was wondering if I could post a second thread in the same day. Is there a limit to how many questions we can ask as we seek the advice of all you experts out there?

Also, are there certain questions that are off limit? For example, I wanted to ask how DCP determine their weekly or hour rates or even how much they charge? Is this an acceptable question? Are there any restrictions on questions that we can/cannot ask?

This forum is truly wonderful and I wish I would have found it sooner! I had to terminate a family and afterwords, I came upon this forum. If I would have found it before, I think the whole situation would have gone much smoother. You live and learn, I guess!

Anyways, thanks to any and all who can help me answer these questions as I'm still relatively 'new' the the group. You all are so wonderful! Keep up the great work!
Thriftylady 04:53 PM 07-28-2015
Well you can look at the top of your forum and find the FAQ. That will help. But generally we like questions and discussions. I am not an Admin here, but if you don't go crazy (like keep it PG lol), we can talk here! If it is daycare related we are pretty safe. If it isn't, well use your best judgement. The Admin team here is pretty awesome so they will let you know pretty nicely if you cross lines. To many questions? Not likely!
irishrose 10:33 AM 07-29-2015
Thanks, Thriftylady! I just love having others to talk with. Sometimes you all have better advice and suggestions - things I wouldn't even dream of coming up with on my own. Thank you to all!
Blackcat31 11:14 AM 07-29-2015
Originally Posted by irishrose:
Hi All!

I joined this forum back in February of '15 I believe and I have loved it so much! Mostly, because I know there are others out there who experience and deal with many of the same issues that I do. It's as if I have a world of friends, whom I've never met - all willing to help and offer advice! I can't tell you all how much I appreciate you - thank you!

I've already posted two questions so far on this Home Daycare forum and I was wondering if there are any regulations as far as how many questions we can ask. As I was typing in a discussion I posted this morning, another question came to mind and I was wondering if I could post a second thread in the same day. Is there a limit to how many questions we can ask as we seek the advice of all you experts out there?

Also, are there certain questions that are off limit? For example, I wanted to ask how DCP determine their weekly or hour rates or even how much they charge? Is this an acceptable question? Are there any restrictions on questions that we can/cannot ask?

This forum is truly wonderful and I wish I would have found it sooner! I had to terminate a family and afterwords, I came upon this forum. If I would have found it before, I think the whole situation would have gone much smoother. You live and learn, I guess!

Anyways, thanks to any and all who can help me answer these questions as I'm still relatively 'new' the the group. You all are so wonderful! Keep up the great work!
You are free to ask as many questions as you wish!

You are also welcome and encouraged to dole out advice, support, vents, whines, comments and/or opinions to any one who posts on the forum! You are welcome to share articles, websites and any other info you think your virtual coworkers would be interested in.

You can talk about work or you can talk about..... well, what ever you want to talk about!

This forum is much like a break room or water cooler that you would find in many other types of jobs. The only difference is we do all those things via the internet and not face to face!

Oh, and you can private message any other member of the forum about ANYTHING you want, WHENEVER you want. Private messages are private.

Other that a couple "be kind" or "be respectful to others" rules, there really aren't any.

So happy reading and happy posting!
Reply Up