Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Laundry Soap
3divas 12:47 PM 06-13-2011
Hi!! I am just getting started with the daycare process and was wondering where you store your laundry soap?? Does it have to be locked up like cleaning products or just high enough so it's out of reach? Thanks!
GotKids 02:06 PM 06-13-2011
I put a key locking handle on my laundry room door because it is easier for me to do that than put magnet locks on every cabinet and store chemicals in there. NE has strict lock rules it either has to be magnet lock or with a key, they don't allow any other kind of safety locks. Check with your state because each is different.
DaycareMama 03:47 PM 06-13-2011
my washer and dryer are in the daycare bathroom. I hung a long shelf above both. About 5 feet high. I store all my soaps,extra toilet paper, paper towels and anything else up there. I then put up a curtain rod and hid everything with a curtain so its out of site
Abigail 06:45 PM 06-13-2011
Any chemicals here just need to be high enough so they're out of reach. It's "best practice" if you lock them up which I originally thought was a requirement, but guess not. At least for ND.
Cat Herder 05:36 AM 06-14-2011
I mounted a simple coated wire shelf above the washer. Out of reach and works like a charm.
MarinaVanessa 01:33 PM 06-14-2011
I'm in CA and here it's "out of sight, out if mind" theory. If anything dangerous is low it has to be locked otherwise it has to be 5" or higher and out of their direct eyesight.
sharlan 01:53 PM 06-14-2011
I have the magnetic locks on my lower kitchen cabinets and laundry cabinets. I also have a magnetic lock on my medicine cabinet in the kitchen.

It wasn't required for my laundryroom because the upstairs is off limits during the day.
daycare 01:56 PM 06-14-2011
basically ANYTHING that says keep out of reach of children or can fit through an empty toilet paper tube must be under lock and key.... This is the requirments for california though, I would check with your own state...
Michelle 02:00 PM 06-14-2011
o,k, what is a magnetic lock?
I just gogled it and saw pictures, how do they work?
Blackcat31 02:26 PM 06-14-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:
o,k, what is a magnetic lock?
I just gogled it and saw pictures, how do they work?
I have these on all my cabinets. LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

http://woodworkers-hardware.amazonwe...=bing_shopping

Google them and you could find out where to get them. I got mine when I first opened a loooong time ago and each lock mechanism cost around $8 but like I said, that was a loooong time ago. I know it can be expensive when you have alot of cabinets but really they are the best safety lock out there. I bought mine at Menards. Home Depot sells a version called Tot-Lok

http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Tot.../dp/B0000488W1

Did I mention how much I love these?!?!
Tags:laundry, laundry soap, soap
Reply Up