Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How to Market New Mother's Day Out Program
small_steps 10:15 AM 05-30-2012
I'm sure some of you read my post about a mother's day out in my area. I've been only advertising on my county facebook buy sell or trade page. I've gotten 10-12 responses just from that. However, I only have a few enrolled for the Fall program and I want to get the word out. I'm considering just running a classified ad in the local paper all summer but I'm not sure that would get a lot of attention. What else can I do? THis is one of those unique programs that I think some people don't know that they're looking for it until they see it and when they see the info they think "oh, that sounds like something I could use".
I'm going to pass some flyers around my tiny neighborhood and would be nice if I get a few calls from that. But what else could I do? Any ideas? I just don't feel like the newspaper will get me the response I want, unless I put an ad somewhere other than the classified section which would cost me a lot more. Was also thinking of holding an open house but not sure how to get the word out about that either other than the facebook page.

WOuld love to hear some ideas on where/how to market a program like this. I'm offering 3 options...mon/wed, tues/thurs, or mon-thurs 9-3.
THanks in advance for any tips and ideas provided
MarinaVanessa 10:32 AM 05-30-2012
What about a car magnet? You can give general info about it with a phone number, email and web address. Your website can give more detailed info about it or people can call or email you for more details. My car magnet works great for regular advertisement and all it has is my FCC name and my phone number. I use it when I do errands and drive to and from my DD's school and it has gotten me a lot of attention. I also just ordered one of those scrolling license plate covers which I am planning on using to add more details about my business.

You can also pass your flyers around in parking lots and make thin ones and slip them onto cars windshields. You can even have some inexpensive "flyers" made from business cards and slip those in doors/cars. Have you thought about passing flyers out after-school in the school areas near your DC?

A lot of people give Craigslist grief but that's deffinetely another way to get the word out there. You can get the word out to a larger audience this way. If you keep updating your posts on Craigslist so that you're always on each day's list people will remember that and then remember you if they always see your name on there.

I'm on the board of our local childcare association and even we stopped advertising in newspapers. It was just too costly and we weren't getting results at all. Maybe you'll do better?
small_steps 10:42 AM 05-30-2012
Car Magnet is a great idea. I had one for my regular daycare but it got old and needs to be replaced. Also, I will probably pass out some flyers at like walmart & HEB parking lots. Just not sure yet if that's legal in my area? I know that people do it because I get flyers on my car every so often, especially on saturdays at walmart.

My street is right off of our town's major hwy and so I thought about having a professional sign put up somewhere but don't really know if that is legal in this area. I don't really see anything except billboards. Plus at the end of my street there are a lot of really bad looking homes...not to be rude, but they look like they are falling down and I don't want a parent to see my sign and then look at the houses right there and think mine would be like that too. I'm really surprised of the number of responses I've gotten from facebook. It's become a really good marketing tool for me. However, with it being 2...2 day programs I need double the amount of kids...at least 6-8 for each 2 day program. I really hope this works for me. I'm so excited about it. It would be perfect for me and my family.
AmyLeigh 10:53 AM 05-30-2012
Just to help you brainstorm, think of where your potential clients are. A MOPS or similar mommy group would be a good place to focus your advertising. Is there a children's boutique that would take your flyers? A bulletin board at the local Starbucks or other local coffeehouse. The high-end salon or gym.
You said that they don't know they need it, so they wont necessarily be looking in child care ads.
small_steps 11:06 AM 05-30-2012
Originally Posted by AmyLeigh:
Just to help you brainstorm, think of where your potential clients are. A MOPS or similar mommy group would be a good place to focus your advertising. Is there a children's boutique that would take your flyers? A bulletin board at the local Starbucks or other local coffeehouse. The high-end salon or gym.
You said that they don't know they need it, so they wont necessarily be looking in child care ads.
Great ideas! There is a local MOPS group if I can figure out where they meet and who is over it I will start there. I figure some may know about programs like this but I'm thinking other's will see my flyer or ad and say "hmmm...that would be great for me and my child!" I think there may be a children's resale shop that I may be able to leave flyers at. I will call them and ask.
Thanks...great ideas.
Reply Up