Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Would You Decorate This Nap Room?
legomom922 05:23 AM 08-13-2010
My husbands kids sleep here only 4 nights per month, and their room is the room I use for nap time. His kids are 13 & 14, soon to be 15. I want to decorate more so for the daycare kids, but I have to do it in a way that will please all. I was thinking of doing a Snoopy & the peanut gang, which would be good for boys, girls, young & old. What do you think? Do you have any other ideas that would work in this situation? BTW, the skids do not know I do daycare out of my home.
DCMomOf3 06:45 AM 08-13-2010
does it matter if his kids know you do daycare? Assuming the dcks are just napping in there, I really don't see why a lot of decorations are necessary. I personally think Snoopy is too young for the teens. If it were my room to decorate I would suggest reds, blues and creams in various patterns and paint.
legomom922 09:11 AM 08-13-2010
Yes, it matters because other the ex will want more child support...so I have to keep it a secret. So far, I have done a good job hiding it for over 2 yrs! I was only thinking peanuts because whether someone is 5 or 50, they are always popular! I want it more "kid friendly" because kids are in there more than the skids.
WImom 10:15 AM 08-13-2010
What about a sports theme? Are his kids into sports? That could go for either age.
legomom922 10:29 AM 08-13-2010
Well I also wanted something that would suit boy or girl, since I have one of each for DC.. I know, I'm difficult right? LOL
AmandasFCC 12:41 PM 08-13-2010
I didn't paint my nap room, I left it the way it was when we moved in, which was a yellowy/orangey sponge painting job. It's neutral, and I just threw some sleepy posters on the wall (Anne Geddes babies and another one). Personally I wouldn't think that the older kids are there often enough to be bothered one way or the other.
kimsdaycare 04:35 PM 08-13-2010
If his kids aren't supposed to know you do daycare, then I don't think you should theme it either. A nice color palette can be child-friendly without the need for character decorations and suit the teens better. I would think that things like that would make them wonder what was up and lead to you eventually getting caught. I've been doing dc 13 years, have a dedicated space and it still isn't themed. I actually prefer it that way
misol 08:27 PM 08-13-2010
I agree with a previous poster in that if their room will only be used for sleeping then I wouldn't bother trying to decorate or change it.
QualiTcare 09:47 PM 08-13-2010
check these out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-Fillable-Clea...efaultDomain_0

you can hang them from the ceiling and they look like bubbles. use fishing line to hang them - and use different lengths. you can put water w/ blue food coloring - add glitter if u want - or hang them just the way they are.

it looks sooo cute, but it's not babyish either.

i decorated a classroom with them before and along the walls i used blue and green circles cut out of construction paper and lined the walls using contact paper. it was very cheap and everyone that came in talked about how neat it looked.

legomom922 08:47 AM 08-14-2010
When I had painted the room beige last yr, I had run out of money and so the room was never quite finished in my eyes, so its just this plain beige 10x10 room. I had never really thought about making it appealing to DC kids, until this one mom I was interviewing wanted to see the room her baby would be napping in. Thats when I thought how nice it would have been to be able to show her a kid friendly sleeping room. KWIM? So thats how the idea got into my head, and now I am finally inspired to do something with the room.

Thanks for the ideas!
Tags:decor, nap room decor, themes
Reply Up